Are sample emails down?

juliemarketo
Level 1

Are sample emails down?

Hello,

I am not receiving any sample emails, I have tried from different emails to different email addresses and I have not been able to receive a single one. 

Is it broken? Thank you

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Ishita_Chawra
Level 3

Re: Are sample emails down?

Hi @juliemarketo try below troubleshooting steps:

1. send the sample from the Marketo main screen rather than from the email editor

2. Check Junk- it happens sometimes 

3. Check the whitelisting of Marketo IP addresses - If it is happening frequently

Also,

Try a different browser, it works sometimes

Refresh, reload Marketo - could be cache or system slow down

If all the above does not work, could you please share more details to investigate further. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

3. Check the whitelisting of Marketo IP addresses - If it is happening frequently

We don’t recommend whitelisting Marketo IPs because it disguises deliverability issues. Chances are very strong that if your own company can’t get Marketo emails, neither can your leads.

At the present time, I can’t detect any problems with Send Sample on the SJ or AB pods. We’d have to know where your instance is located to do more targeted tests.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Just trying to troubleshoot some basics here. You say you checked several from email addresses, but they  are all using the email domain set up for sending emails from Marketo? Is a working reply to email address set up? Did you try adding your recipient email address to the database and sending the email for real? Does that create a bounce activity in your activity log or does it register as delivered?