SOLVED

API Integration set up question

Go to solution
Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

API Integration set up question

We are working with an outside vendor to set up an API that will pass leads to our Marketo Instance.  I have gone through and set up the Role and the API user.   I have passed the Client ID, Secret, token and Rest URL over.  

the client has created this json 

"{\"FirstName\":\"Test\",\"LastName\":\"Testerson\",\"Phone\":\"(212)555-6789\",\"Email\":\"testing12345@fundera.com\",\"Company\":\"Testing Inc.\",\"PostalCode\":\"11231\",\"Revenue_Range__c_account\":\"120000\",\"Source_Detail__c_account\":\"nerdwallet\"}"

The call is happening but he is getting a 610 error (The URI in the call did not match a REST API resource type. This is often due to an incorrectly spelled or incorrectly formatted request URI)

We are trying to trouble shoot this but we are unclear what to look at/update.. 

Thank you in advance

Patrick Vesely
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: API Integration set up question

First, I assume you mean this JSON:

{
"FirstName":"Test",
"LastName":"Testerson",
"Phone":"(212)555-6789",
"Email":"testing12345@fundera.com",
"Company":"Testing Inc.",
"PostalCode":"11231",
"Revenue_Range__c_account":"120000",
"Source_Detail__c_account":"nerdwallet"
}

While JSON is indeed a text format, it shouldn’t be shown as a String with C-escaped quotation marks. That format makes it seem like you’re sending exactly that payload (which is just one big String; it would not be JSON-decoded as an Object with properties).

Next, we need more details. What’s the exact URL (API endpoint) they are POSTing that payload to?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: API Integration set up question

First, I assume you mean this JSON:

{
"FirstName":"Test",
"LastName":"Testerson",
"Phone":"(212)555-6789",
"Email":"testing12345@fundera.com",
"Company":"Testing Inc.",
"PostalCode":"11231",
"Revenue_Range__c_account":"120000",
"Source_Detail__c_account":"nerdwallet"
}

While JSON is indeed a text format, it shouldn’t be shown as a String with C-escaped quotation marks. That format makes it seem like you’re sending exactly that payload (which is just one big String; it would not be JSON-decoded as an Object with properties).

Next, we need more details. What’s the exact URL (API endpoint) they are POSTing that payload to?