SOLVED

API form submission from AEM

Go to solution
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

API form submission from AEM

I hope the collective experience on the community can help identify the root cause for something we are running in to.

I have a customer who, for reasons that are not relevant here, has two production Marketo instances and for some of the webpages on their website forms need to be submitted to both instances. The chosen solution is to have the form from the first instance visible on the page and on success do an API submission to the second instance using the submit form endpoint: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/leads/#submit_form

From the test AEM environment (without any webserver and / or cloud machinery in front of it) both submissions work as expected, but on the live domain the API request seemingly is not reaching AEM from the dispatcher.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom

Re: API form submission from AEM

Nope, the OnSubmit has the dispatcher call upon the backend to execute the API call. Looks like the webteam found a configuration error in the dispatcher which should be fixed tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I have a customer who, for reasons that are not relevant here, has two production Marketo instances and for some of the webpages on their website forms need to be submitted to both instances. The chosen solution is to have the form from the first instance visible on the page and on success do an API submission to the second instance using the submit form endpoint: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/leads/#submit_form

You don’t actually mean “on success” as in the JS onSuccess event, right? That is, you’re not hitting the REST API from the browser.

Katja_Keesom

Nope, the OnSubmit has the dispatcher call upon the backend to execute the API call. Looks like the webteam found a configuration error in the dispatcher which should be fixed tomorrow. Fingers crossed.