Re: Anyone use Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation?

Jill_Clapp
Level 1

Anyone use Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation?

Hey there Marketo Community!

We have started building our landing pages within our Episerver CMS and not Marketo.  Of course, we are not able to use progressive profiling or other features we had when we iframed forms. 

I'm wondering if anyone works with Episerver and is using the Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation?  If anyone out there does, can you let me know if it allows for progressive profiling and any other benefits you've discovered? There is a license fee that I'm trying to justify so if it allows for better with tracking, progressive profiling, or anything that helps the bottom line, please share.

Thanks!

-Jill

Jill Clapp
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's terrible.

They have no idea how Marketo works.

Just the way it is.

Highly recommend you embed Marketo forms, which natively support Progressive Profiling, with the embedded Pre-Fill solution Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.

Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Hi Jill,

We use Episerver as our CMS but we dont use it for Marketing automation. I have been following up with our internal Epi contact regarding Pre-fill functionality for over an year now but didn't see any progress so far.

We have been using Epi forms on our country sites to capture web leads and push them into marketo but they lack pre-fill, progressive profiling features. Alternatively, we use Marketo forms for more specific campaigns.

Thanks,

vineela.

SanfordWhiteman

I have been following up with our internal Epi contact regarding Pre-fill functionality for over an year now but didn't see any progress so far.

(And that's actually good, because their attempt at doing this -- as we already know intimately that they don't get Marketo -- would be yet another Denial of Service attack vector.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to those on this thread who use Episerver. Just as an update, both the Episerver Marketo Connector and Episerver forms have undergone significant redesign and improvement over the past several months. Progressive profiling using forms, conditional form workflows, and optional pre-filling of form information is now available. Pre-filling of forms needs to be very carefully thought out in Marketo, as under certain conditions, there could be security issues. Our recommendation is to not use pre-fill. Happy to help out if someone is having issues with the connector.

Dick

SanfordWhiteman

But obviously you still have a DoS vulnerability, because it's impossible not to have one if you're consuming one REST API call in response to every individual, easily forged HTTP request.