Re: Anyone seeing double counts on page impressions/views on pages with a Marketo LP iframed onto it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone seeing double counts on page impressions/views on pages with a Marketo LP iframed onto it?

Hi everyone,

We've been seeing an issue recently on some of our webpages that host Marketo iframed forms on them.  The issue is a double count on page impressions and it's making some our metrics look wonky.

Has anyone seen a similar issue before? Would love any insight on this. 

I've actually asked this question before in a slightly different format so here's the original post for reference.

Thanks!

Jake

8 REPLIES 8
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: Anyone seeing double counts on page impressions/views on pages with a Marketo LP iframed onto it?

Are you referring to views within Google Analytics? If so, is your GA code embedded on both your website and the template hosting the form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jennifer,

I should've specified that we're seeing double counts in our Marketo analytics.

Thanks,

Jake

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

And did you fix the giant bug that I pointed out on that other post?

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Just read the linked post and was going to ask if the bug had been fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

I just chatted with my teammate and he said he was unable to address that script issue you pointed out last time. 

The reason being that he said we would just have to go to embedding the script itself onto the site, which we'd like to avoid doing.

I don't know enough about the JS to see if we could actually take that double counting script block out while simultaneously keeping the integrity of the iframe on the page.

SanfordWhiteman

If you don't fix the code that blatantly loads the iframe twice, you will continue to load the iframe twice. And log it twice. Opening a new discussion thread can't change that!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that is certainly true.  I guess I'll track down someone that has a little more in-depth knowledge of JS and see if they can parse out what exactly in our script block is causing that second iframe load.

SanfordWhiteman

There's nothing special here. You have the IFRAME loading naturally as part of page rendering. Then you also have JS changing the src (i.e. URL) of the IFRAME. That causes it to reload. Same as it would if you did a brute-force location.href on a page's URL.