SOLVED

Re: Anyone integrated Olark with Marketo?

Go to solution
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Anyone integrated Olark with Marketo?

Hi There,

We are using Olark chatbox in our website. So, if someone clicks on chat then a popup form will open with form fields. Now, we want to integrate this Olark form with Marketo so that we can capture these details.

We have already purchased Zapier and when I am creating Zap, Olark gives only two trigger. 

1. New Message - Triggers once for each message when we get a transcript

2. New transcript - Triggers once when we get a new transcript

Any instruction from here?

Thanks,
Sant

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You definitely don't need an intermediate (and API-intensive, potentially DoS-creating) layer like Zapier here.

You can integrate completely on the client side using the Olark JavaScript API  and the Marketo Forms 2.0 JS API.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

You definitely don't need an intermediate (and API-intensive, potentially DoS-creating) layer like Zapier here.

You can integrate completely on the client side using the Olark JavaScript API  and the Marketo Forms 2.0 JS API.

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Thanks Sanford Whiteman.. This suggestion was really helpful..  

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Dear Sanford Whiteman, Hope you are doing well. We involved our developers to get this integration done but somehow they were also blank. Is there any reference document which might be helpful?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sant 

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
SanfordWhiteman

Well, what did they try?

I haven't dedicated a blog post to this, and my backlog is really long. But the chat box events are pretty clear, aren't they?

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Thanks Sire..  They said as there is not click/load/submit event once data is submitted in Olark so we'll not be able to get that data into marketo form. Which also seems un usual to me because after Olark form, we click on Start Chat button then it starts.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur