SOLVED

Anyone having speed issues with Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone having speed issues with Marketo?

For the last few months it seems that Marketo has been increasingly slower and slower for us. We've even had issues durring consulting sessions, prompting our Marketo consultant to submit a support ticket herself about the speeds - with no resolution. Yes, it is intermitent, but at times it's almost unnavigable - like right now. 

I'll be submitting another support ticket shortly, buy has anyone else been dealing with this recently? If so did you ever find a solution and what as that fix?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: Anyone having speed issues with Marketo?

We've been experiencing issues with speed as well. One solution I discovered is to make sure all of your smart campaigns are in programs. And any smart lists or lists are in the lead database. IE--No assets left behind/no assets in the marketing programs that aren't related to a program. Although there are times where trigger campaigns are listening or changing data, putting them into program 'homes'(programs) has helped a lot. 

Another thing that tends to help is deleting people without email addresses or bounced email addresses out of the system. Sometimes when you get towards your 'lead limit' the system can be slower and deleting these tends to help. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I am noticing that it's going slower for me as well. This usually happens when I have a ton of filters in a Smart Campaign (more filters = slower speed). Never really found a solution...
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

We've been experiencing issues with speed as well. One solution I discovered is to make sure all of your smart campaigns are in programs. And any smart lists or lists are in the lead database. IE--No assets left behind/no assets in the marketing programs that aren't related to a program. Although there are times where trigger campaigns are listening or changing data, putting them into program 'homes'(programs) has helped a lot. 

Another thing that tends to help is deleting people without email addresses or bounced email addresses out of the system. Sometimes when you get towards your 'lead limit' the system can be slower and deleting these tends to help. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick responses, adn I do need to work on cleaning up some of the database. But I'm not really even talking about smart lists. At times it seems like everything just slows to a crawl, even our static lists sometimes take minutes to load. It actually happened during a consulting session with a Marketo rep where we were working on RCA and she was so frustrated SHE filed the support ticket:)

I'm not really trying to vent here, just seeing if there is another answer I haven't tried yet.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What I've been told is that too many trigger campaigns and complex lists slow down the instance. I personally do not buy that this is the entire issue. I get that smart lists can be made more efficient (and they should), but trigger campaigns never had a "limit" and the infrastructure should allow these without constraint.

So if you can go through your Archived programs and deactivate some of them ahead of the 6 mo schedule, and do that for older events, that is one way to help.
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I totally agree with Josh-- campaign inspector is great for turning off old/not needed smart/trigger campaigns.