SOLVED

Any way to trigger a smart campaign when an existing contact (previously synced i.e. SFDCType is not empty) has a sync error from Salesforce

Go to solution
JayW
Level 2

Any way to trigger a smart campaign when an existing contact (previously synced i.e. SFDCType is not empty) has a sync error from Salesforce

Hi all, 
Is there a way to trigger a campaign when an existing contact (previously synced i.e. SFDCType is not empty) has a sync error from Salesforce? We can obviously see the error in the activity log, but we have to always check if someone is not syncing to a salesforce campaign and then trace why.

I know the alerts/notifications under the bell icon but they aren't much help to trigger something either.
Has anyone found a way or a workaround for this?
Oftentimes errors are common. field value mismatch in a restricted field, or duplicate.
If we can get a trigger if there's a duplicate, we can resolve that immediately.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Any way to trigger a smart campaign when an existing contact (previously synced i.e. SFDCType is not empty) has a sync error from Salesforce

@JayW, No, I don't think you can trigger Salesforce errors. The documentation shows how to create smart lists for new leads (i.e. if the SFDC Type is blank). Still, for the synced records (SFDC Type <> empty), this is neither complete nor useful when trying to diagnose common error types, outside of following Notifications for CRM Sync errors or exporting Campaign Results tab and sifting through the activity log in Excel.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Any way to trigger a smart campaign when an existing contact (previously synced i.e. SFDCType is not empty) has a sync error from Salesforce

@JayW, No, I don't think you can trigger Salesforce errors. The documentation shows how to create smart lists for new leads (i.e. if the SFDC Type is blank). Still, for the synced records (SFDC Type <> empty), this is neither complete nor useful when trying to diagnose common error types, outside of following Notifications for CRM Sync errors or exporting Campaign Results tab and sifting through the activity log in Excel.

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@JayW as @Darshil_Shah1  mentions to dive deeper and investigate you would need to use Smart lists and the Activity log of individuals.

The notification bell alerts you to a sync error but the investigation to find the reason needs to be done separately. The is easier if there are a few similar errors to find the reason such as an invalid value.