SOLVED

Any way to force leads out of a wait step

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any way to force leads out of a wait step

I deactivated a problematic campaign but it has several hundred people in a wait step. Is there any way to force them out so that the campaign will leave them alone and never darken their doors again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Any way to force leads out of a wait step

Leads in a wait step will stay in the step even if the flow is "shut down" and they will come out and execute whatever step is next. You must use Remove from Flow to fully remove people if this happens.

So it is totally possible to change the Steps after​ a Wait Step. But it is not possible to Delete the Wait Step (or to change it) once people are in the Wait Step.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you can use a remove from flow step

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Jamie. I wasn't sure that would work once they were in a wait step. As it turns out, while I was out for the evening the made their own way out so I don't have to worry about it anymore and can mothball that troublesome campaign I inherited. Phew!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Leads in a wait step will stay in the step even if the flow is "shut down" and they will come out and execute whatever step is next. You must use Remove from Flow to fully remove people if this happens.

So it is totally possible to change the Steps after​ a Wait Step. But it is not possible to Delete the Wait Step (or to change it) once people are in the Wait Step.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

More precisely, you can delete the wait step, but it will have no impact on the leads already waiting

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Josh and Greg and Jamie! I knew deleting the wait step would have no impact on the leads already waiting and couldn't remember if you could use remove from flow to get them out of the campaign (which is what I wanted).