Re: Any guide available on how to add Marketo Munchkin code via Adobe Launch on website?

rohanpat
Level 2

Any guide available on how to add Marketo Munchkin code via Adobe Launch on website?

Hi All,

We are looking to migrate our Marketo Munchkin code to Adobe Launch. Currently, the Munchkin code is added to our website directly but we would like to handle it via Adobe Launch to have more control.

I am checking here to see if there is any literature on the checklists, best practices, and a step-by-step guide available.

I have found the below link helpful but looking for some more material to make a proper plan.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/marketo/overview.h... 

Thank you,

Rohan

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Any guide available on how to add Marketo Munchkin code via Adobe Launch on website?

Do you currently use any non-default Munchkin options?

I’m not really sure what you’re asking here — the end result of a Launch Extension/Tag is a script-injected script, just as it is with a GTM or Tealium tag.

The practical difference between tag-manager-injected Munchkin and a standard Munchkin embed is that there’s one additional level of asynchronous loading. The tag manager itself loads asynchronously by injecting a <script>, then it loads the Munchkin initialization code asynchronously (which in turn invokes more async loading). With the standard embed that first step of loading the tag manager is gone.

rohanpat
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Currently, we have embedded Munchkin code on our website directly. Since most of our tracking codes are added to our website via Adobe Launch, hence we wanted to migrate Marketo Munchkin code to it for more control and reduce dependency on IT team.

Hence, looking for some literature on any such projects done previously to understand the scope of the work and various test scenarios involved with the project.

-Rohan

amarbhide
Level 1

Hi Rohan,

I hope you are done with the integration, if yes then would like to understand what attributes you have selected in the initialization steps? Also is it mandatory to provide Visit Web Page URL and Click Link URL in the Action Type configuration?

Thanks 

Amar B