SOLVED

Allow Marketo to delete a contact in Salesforce

Go to solution
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Allow Marketo to delete a contact in Salesforce

Hello friendly people,

I've tried to run the flow step "Delete Person from SFDC" on a Salesforce contact and I got the error message

"{INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY: insufficient access rights on object id}".

That led me to believe that the Marketo Integration User didn't have the appropriate right to delete a contact. Yet, under Profiles --> Standard Object Permissions" in Salesforce, I see that the Integration User Profile has Read, Create, Edit and Delete on the Contact object all checked. Am I looking in the wrong place or do I misunderstand the error message?

Thanks!
Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MMundra1
Level 3

Re: Allow Marketo to delete a contact in Salesforce

Hi @Michael_Florin , I tried to find the possible reasons for this error and here are a couple of pointers which could be reviewed:

1. OWD (Organizatio Wide Default), Sharing Rules and Role Hierarchy of the object in which you are trying to update the record.

2. Owner of the record which you are trying to update.

3. Check the trigger logic and check OWD, Sharing Rules and Role Hierarchy of the related objects records which are getting updated.

Note:
Even though trigger runs in System Mode, Sharing Settings will be checked. Only CRUD and FLS will not be checked against the user.

Mahak Mundra

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MMundra1
Level 3

Hi @Michael_Florin , I tried to find the possible reasons for this error and here are a couple of pointers which could be reviewed:

1. OWD (Organizatio Wide Default), Sharing Rules and Role Hierarchy of the object in which you are trying to update the record.

2. Owner of the record which you are trying to update.

3. Check the trigger logic and check OWD, Sharing Rules and Role Hierarchy of the related objects records which are getting updated.

Note:
Even though trigger runs in System Mode, Sharing Settings will be checked. Only CRUD and FLS will not be checked against the user.

Mahak Mundra
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Thanks for your help, @MMundra1!

Whatever it is, this seems like a case for that Salesforce admin now. 🙂