Re: Alerts Timing - How to send alerts from Monday to Friday

camilaperezs
Level 1

Alerts Timing - How to send alerts from Monday to Friday

Hi, 

I have a trigger campaign that only works for sending alerts to internal people in the company. We want to send those alerts every 24 hours when a person has not been qualified yet. And we want to send those alerts from Monday to Friday. 

I made a test last week and apparently, Marketo will not send the alerts came on the weekends, on the next Monday. Alerts coming on Saturday and Sunday should go out on Monday and start counting the 24 hours to the next alert. 

Does someone knows how to set up this flow? 

Thanks, 

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's best if you show what you've tried (via screenshots or thorough description) so we can help you touch it up.

In general, if you're talking about a repeating campaign that has no built-in end time — that is, you want to send every day, potentially forever — you don't want to use a trigger campaign and Wait steps. Rather, use the trigger to send the first email, but then have them qualify for a daily batch campaign until they're weeded out.

camilaperezs
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman

This is the wait step I have on the campaign. The issue is that alerts are being sent Monday to Friday always at 7am, not every 24 hours.

camilaperezs_0-1621960141923.png

I tried to schedule the batch campaign with a daily schedule recurrence, however seems like this rule will send the alerts daily on a certain time, not 24 hours after the first alert I sent.  

kushal_arya
Level 2

Hi @camilaperezs  maybe you can try these steps:

kushal_arya_0-1622117758657.png

kushal_arya_1-1622117778925.png

And then send the alert in flow action?

Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

KKArya
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That won't work because the request outside of M-F will simply be ignored, so the process will end (it won't be rescheduled for Monday).

You could make it work, but I really dislike infinite loop logic like this. That's why I recommend a batch — which, yes, will put the person on a set daily schedule instead of exactly 24 hours between each email, but is more manageable.