Re: Alerts Not Coming Through

Devan_Mairose
Level 2

Alerts Not Coming Through

I've set up a program that includes sending an alert when a lead fills out a form. The alert goes to 3 members of my team -- we haven't gotten any alerts (checked spam and quarantine too). I can see from the results tab that marketo THINKS it is sending alerts --- any suggestions?
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Devan,

Off the top of my head, my best quess would be that you may have put your email address in the 'To:' field instead of the 'To Other Emails:' field.  Emails which are not to the Lead Owner or Account owner need to be in that field.  If this is not the case, you might want to submit a support case with a link to the campaign in question so we can take a look at this for you.
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

My emails are in the correct field unfortunately!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you provide a screenshot of the Activity Log and of your flow?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Marketo whitelisted? If so, please double check with your IT team whether it is up to date.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KypECAS

Jeff's question is the safest route is Marketo is already whitelisted.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this a global communications limit issue? 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAoDCAW
Steph_Anderson
Level 4

I just had this same issue, the alert was working just fine and then all of a sudden it stopped.

The issue was that I had added a recipient to the alert and typed their email incorrectly (without the @___.com). Once I fixed their email it worked like a charm.

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Try sending to a gmail or other address outside of your work domain. If that works, you know it's a quarantine issue. Also, make sure the email alert headers are correct and complete (including an email subject). And as others have mentioned, triple check for typos on the email addresses.

We also had issues with alert deliverability. I set up a gmail address with the sole purpose of receiving alerts and test emails and forwarding them to my work address. That works every time (until I hit communication limits).

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Yep, email alerts deliverability seems to be an issue even when white-listing Marketo. We also have some just not popping up for random reasons.