Re: Alert sales when their contacts visit the website

Aqeel_Akbar
Level 4

Alert sales when their contacts visit the website

Hey guys,

Our sales team used to be able to enable alerts through Eloqua's MSI equivalent for anytime a contact associated to their accounts visited the website. Is this something that can be done through MSI and Marketo?

Logging these activities in the interesting moments panel let's them know of the activity, but often it's too late since they didn't get alerted about it when it happened.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Aqeel,

Reps can subscribe to activity alerts from prospects in their Watch List tab of MSI.  

When in the Watch List, there is a panel on the right hand side of the screen called the Lead Feed.  Interesting Moments are logged in this Lead Feed, and there is the option for the rep to subscribe to Lead/Contact/Account activities from there.
Aqeel_Akbar
Level 4

I was thinking the same thing with subscribing to the interesting moment, but they would have to go into each lead they wanted to be alerted on and would only be able to subscribe if the interesting moment already existed for them.
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Does it have to be done through MSI? My first thought would be to either send an email or create a task in SFDC (leaning more toward creating a task, since sales reps can get buried with daily emails). I'd still create the interesting moment just to make sure it's kept in the record.

If MSI is the answer (and I haven't done any research on this), maybe there's a feedreader they can plop the MSI RSS feed into and customize alerts based on keywords (like "visited website").
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have to rely on MSI to generate alerts for your reps.  Alternatively you could just set up some smart campaing triggers based on when any lead/contact generates an interesting moment (or any activity you specify, really) and have the flow be to send an alert email to the record owner.