Re: Alert for high unsubscribes after email send

Simone_Toit
Level 2

Alert for high unsubscribes after email send

Hey all,

Hoping someone will be able to help. I have had a request to the business to alert our database Admin when unsubscribes exceed a defined number for an email send.

Has anyone set up a Smart list subscription like this and is it possible?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure if you want a count as opposed to a percentage.

If it's a static count, there's no built-in alert, but you could send a SL of Unsubscribe activities, that someone totals up when they get it (i.e. it's always sent out, and the recipient groups-by-email manually). Or you could use a webhook to count on-the-fly and send an alert immediately.

If it's a percentage, you could only use a webhook, since you'd need to know the when something crossed the percentage of logged sends. But it's gonna call the 'hook for every single send, which isn't something you want to do w/high load. How many emails do you send per day?

Simone_Toit
Level 2

The max in one day in 100K

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The max in one day in 100K

OK, that wouldn't be great for the percentage calc option, where you have to log all Send Email events in order to know the % of unsubscribes. (Actually, even there you'll have a race between logging the Sends and logging the Unsubscribes, i.e. if you get 50 Unsubscribes by the time the 100th Send is logged, that doesn't necessarily mean the 50% trend will continue through the last Send, and you won't know when something was the last Send, so you'd have to do some fancy SCs.)

But for the static minimum count, it would work fine, since as soon as you see N Unsubs for the same email, send an alert.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I wouldn't recommend this. Just send an email perf report subscription to yourself and look at it.

Unsubscribes tend to go up when you use purchased lists or email old leads.