Aggregating multiple tasks into one

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregating multiple tasks into one

Hey all,

When I started in this position, Marketo was already set up to create a task everytime a lead downloaded a whitepaper, case study, solution brief, etc. Problem is, the poor inside sales guys are getting inundated with individual tasks for each action.

My question is whether anybody has developed a way to send basically a 'summary task' of everything a lead has downloaded in a given time period. Any ideas are appreciated!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aggregating multiple tasks into one

Hey Trask,

While it wouldn't necessarily send a "summary" of activities to your inside sales guys, you could set Marketo to send an alert to him each time a lead's score goes up a certain amount of points or hits a threshold. 

Use the alert token to include lead info. This way they could click the leads name (it will be hyperlinked) and instantly access the Activity Log where they can see all of the lead's activities.

If there is a way to do a summary of what a lead has done, I'll be very interested to hear it from Marketo experts or employees, because I would love to use that! Also, I'm not sure if there is a way to use SFDC to accomplish this as my organization has a different CRM.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Emily.

Lead Scoring needs a serious overhaul, but I was thinking that might be a good long-term solution. In the meantime, though, tasks is where the party's at...So, I'll play around a bit and let you know if I uncover anything cool.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Trask, this is a common issue where marketing sets up a workflow that overwhelms sales but doesn't follow up with sales to see how it works.  Perhaps sales/marketing alignment starts with marketing.  Anyways, I'd consider centralizing your smart campaigns with tasks to just one or two, and set them to only run once per day.  Then either use Sales Insight Interesting Moments or activity logging to show a summary of everything the lead has done.  In both cases it will be a stream rather than a summary, but it will be informatin the sales reps can pull rather than information that is pushed to them.