How do I fix my SFDC Campaign so that my Event will sync?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I fix my SFDC Campaign so that my Event will sync?

I'm having some trouble getting a Marketo Event to sync with a Salesforce Campaign. When I try, Marketo tells me that the Member Statuses in SFDC don't match Marketo. I clicked the "Learn How to Fix This" link, and it told me to go change the SFDC Campaign Member Statuses to something that Marketo could recognize. When I tried to do that, I found that only two options showed up under Member Status (Responded and Sent). There should be a lot more than that (like Attended), and I have no idea why they aren't showing up in the picklist.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is it a problem in SFDC? Is it a problem with both Marketo and SFDC?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I fix my SFDC Campaign so that my Event will sync?

Hi Brianna,

You need to go into the SFDC campaign and go to advanced setup and make sure to add the member statuses that match the program statuses in Marketo. Once they match, you should be able to go into the Marketo smart campaign and select the SFDC campaign status value you want to sync back into SFDC,

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

The clean way to fix this is to change your statuses in all campaigns to match the appropriate channels.  While Marketo Programs come with standard statuses out of the box, Salesforce only has Sent and Responded in all campaigns, so you'll need to do some cleanup in every campaign, which can include changing the status of every record in every campaign and then changing the labels within each campaign.

The fast way is to always create your SFDC Campaigns in Marketo.  When you do this, Marketo will push its own statuses into Salesforce, and done consistently your new statuses and campaigns will outlive your old statuses and campaigns. 
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I do what both Michelle and Steven mentioned above.  But Steven's suggestion is faster, when you create your programs/campaigns in Marketo. I sync to SFDC, and select create new.  Then after the sync I populate SFDC campaign with leads or contacts.