SOLVED

Re: Advise on best way to send SMS

Go to solution
anissabrach
Level 2

Advise on best way to send SMS

Hi all,
We are considering sending SMS to our B2B prospects and customers in Europe - ideally with the same segmentation we use in Marketo for email and web personalisation. Has anyone got recommendations on what to use and how to integrate with Marketo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

We had a German customer very recently asking for this feature, so here are some observations:

 Twilio
 Nexmo (Vonage)
 MessageBird
 Plivo
 Sinch

These were the service we looked into, as they offer some kind of integration with Marketo. Also to consider: Is it only Marketo --> SMS that you want to push or do you also want a back channel for responses or unsubscribes? How do you obtain an opt-in for SMS pushes in GDPR areas? Do you want SMS to be your destination or also Whatsapp?

Not an easy topic AFAIK. And I would always ask: What do you expect to achieve with SMS that cannot achieve with email?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

We had a German customer very recently asking for this feature, so here are some observations:

 Twilio
 Nexmo (Vonage)
 MessageBird
 Plivo
 Sinch

These were the service we looked into, as they offer some kind of integration with Marketo. Also to consider: Is it only Marketo --> SMS that you want to push or do you also want a back channel for responses or unsubscribes? How do you obtain an opt-in for SMS pushes in GDPR areas? Do you want SMS to be your destination or also Whatsapp?

Not an easy topic AFAIK. And I would always ask: What do you expect to achieve with SMS that cannot achieve with email?

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

We have some good experience with cm.com as well.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

I have built a two-way integration with Twilio. You need to be a developer or have access to one to work with Twilio