Advanced Email Marketing Reports

Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

Advanced Email Marketing Reports

I would like to create an email marketing report that will return the normal email metrics but split by the Channel they have been sent through (i.e: Email Blast, Webinar, Roadshow, Tradeshow, etc.), for beeing able to deep dive into the results by Channel. Is that possible?
If yes, how?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Advanced Email Marketing Reports

You can only do this in two ways:
  1. RCE does this
  2. You can use a smart list to constrain the report to specific channels, but you'd have to have the channel in the Program Name. You could also try to filter by Member of Program, Status=XYZ based on the channel. You will end up with several reports.
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Josh is right, RCE is the best way to pull advanced email reports. Although you can filter your current email reports by channel if you're looking to segment them. It would also benefit you to create additional tags to help sort your programs for reporting purposes. 
Can you specify what you mean by 'deep dive'? Do you have RCE?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MIhai - welcome to the community!

I wish there were a super-easy way to address this problem, and Josh's answer will get you most of what you need.

What I've found is that the data needs to be exported to a platform outside of Marketo to really get the insight you need to show the value your programs are generating. It's a bit of a self-plug, but when I joined New Relic, I realized that their (our) Insights product was a perfect platform that was easy to integrate. Here is what we did and how we did it:
http://blog.newrelic.com/2014/06/25/marketo/

Best,
Isaac