Re: Adding/updating custom fields in SFDC, but unable to map to appropriate fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding/updating custom fields in SFDC, but unable to map to appropriate fields

Hi all! Question here regarding some SFDC and MKTO integration.

I'm currently working on adding new, updated custom fields to SFDC with appropriate Marketo-inclusive API names. Right now, however, the 'Map Lead Fields' are such that we cannot create the new fields due to overlap with the old ones. So, we're unable to delete the outdated fields (and were advised *not* to rename them), but can't map the new ones because of the old ones are still there.

Any idea how to navigate around this? Tried calling Marketo Support directly and was unable to reach anyone.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Adding/updating custom fields in SFDC, but unable to map to appropriate fields

Please move the question to Products​ ("Community" is about the Marketo Nation website, not the product.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

My fault - thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jasmine,

There is no possibility to map by yourslef fields coming from SFDC with fields that were created in Marketo first.

You will have to create them with slightly different API names in SFDC, let them sync to Marketo then ask support to do the mapping.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, Greg. A few things to clarify: we are not creating the fields in Marketo first. The fields are being created/updated in SFDC, but have an API name linked with Marketo so that the fields are consistent between both system. Do we still need Marketo Support to manually change the mappings?

PS - I tried calling the Marketo Support # a few times and no one is picking up. I was asked to provide my phone # and was given an error message ("I couldn't get that!") Is there any better way to reach out to them?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jasmine,

Marketo will pick whatever API and label (displayed name) the fields have in SFDC. A few rules and things you need to know there:

• If you create the same field in SFDC with the exact same API name and label, the mapping between the 2 will be automatic in Marketo
  • Mapping between lead and account fields is not automatic in Marketo and has to be done by support See
  • Once the fields exist in Marketo, you can change their label if the field is not used anywhere (smart list, smart camapigns, forms) in Marketo

I usually contact support through the portal. At least, you get a record on when you logged the case.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Grégoire. There's still a bit of confusion amongst my team on this issue, so I think we'll reach out to MKTO support directly. I appreciate the thoughtful response!