Adding Token in Email Link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Token in Email Link

Hello,

I plan on adding a token to an email link that resides in one of my email blasts. Here are some questions:

Example -

Click Here to learn more about our services.

Note: This email is crafted so that our clients are receiving messages from certain Sales Reps (Looks like it's coming from the rep via my tokens).

I want a prospect or client to click the 'Click Here' link and it will open a new email to their respective Sales Rep.

1. Would the logic look like this:

mailto:{{company.Account Owner Email Address:default=info@sample.com}} I am using a sample address for the sake of the example, if the token cannot recognize the client's rep).

2. Do I need to incoporate mailto: in my string?

Thanks,
David

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding Token in Email Link

Hey David, the URL would need to be fully formed just as if you were not using tokens (so yes would need a "mailto"). The only benefit of the tokens is that they would enable elements to be dynamic, such as the substituting the sales rep's details. 

You can use a tool like this to make it easier to create your URL: 

http://www.cha4mot.com/t_mailto.html

Just substitute your tokens in where you want 'em. 

EDIT: 

That being said, I recall having some difficulty getting this working before. Can't remember why to be honest. Make sure to test obviously before sending anything 🙂 
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@David mailto: links should have the class="mktNoTrack mktNoTok" if you want them to actually work for the bulk of your recipients.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was great Sanford, thank you for the insight