Re: Adding QR codes in emails

Lena_Masrialter
Level 2

Adding QR codes in emails

Hi guys,

I need to insert QR codes (for 400 attendees) into email templates. Any suggestions what's the best way of execution? Just to clarify, I don't have the codes yet, I can request any format from the agency or potentially to generate the codes myself. Should I go for images format and then tokenise the email template? Any better suggestions? Maybe there are some QR codes generators that can be generated/synced with Marketo?

Many thanks,

Lena

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

QR codes are typically used on print materials to make it easier to access the URL, rather than physically type in the URL (by scanning the QR code with your mobile device).  For an email, it's just easier to provide a link (and button/image of some sort - but always provide a alternate text link for those that have images turned off).  It would be helpful to understand what your specific use-case is so that we can offer up the best approach.  BTW, when sending these out via Marketo, your emails are already tokenized (if you're referring to unique tracking).

Lena_Masrialter
Level 2

Dan, thanks so much for your respond!

We are running a big forum for 400 leads. The request to insert QR codes came in as the event organisators believe showing/scanning code on a mobile device can decrease the time waiting at the registration desk & make things easier for attendees. I am not an expert at this topic, so raised it here to understand what the best actions might be.

When you referred to url code - is it something I should request from the agency or should create myself?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

OK, that makes sense (and am familiar with this as more and more conferences/events are using this approach to expedite the check-in process - similar to an online boarding pass for an airline).  These will obviously need to be unique per each user.  Unless you can find a QR code generator that natively integrates with Marketo, you may need to take a more manual approach to create these and then upload them as images (using a standard naming convention), along with a custom field that references the image name - and then use a token to incorporate them into the email for each recipient.

Lena_Masrialter
Level 2

This is what I thought too, thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please search the Community as the QR code question has come up before, with extended answers.