SOLVED

Adding New Content to Engagement Program When Order Matters

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding New Content to Engagement Program When Order Matters

Happy new year Marketo nation!

I have a quick question on you are handling adding new content to an exisinng engagement program.

I have an engagement program in which the order of the emails matter (it's an on-boarding series):
  • Email 1
  • Email 2
  • Email 3
  • Email 4
Say, after some testing I decide that I need another email between Email 1 and 2, like this:
  • Email 1
  • Email 1.5
  • Email 2
  • Email 3
  • Email 4

But, given how the engagement program works, if I bring Email 1.5 it into the stream, then the leads who have already received Emails 2 - 4 will be recieving Email 1.5 at the next cast - which I don't want to happen because the order of the emails matters in this case.

How are you guys handling situations like these?

I don't want to add content to the engagement program inside of programs.

Should I start a new stream with the new email and send all new leads into the new stream and let the old stream exhaust?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Adding New Content to Engagement Program When Order Matters

Another way is to run a batch for anyone who is a Member of the Engagement and has not received email 1.5, then create a new duplicate stream with the new email and route new folks into that stream to avoid sending dupe content to the original folks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, until I got to the end of your question, I was going to recommend adding the content inside of programs so you could suppress anyone who's already received emails 2 and on, but I guess that won't work for you.

In that case, your best option probably is to start a new stream and re-route everyone into that. If you wanted, you could probably also transition anyone who hasn't yet received email 2 so you catch them as well. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Another way is to run a batch for anyone who is a Member of the Engagement and has not received email 1.5, then create a new duplicate stream with the new email and route new folks into that stream to avoid sending dupe content to the original folks.