SOLVED

Lead Creation in MKTO from old leads

Go to solution
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Lead Creation in MKTO from old leads

Hey! So I noticed a large spike of new leads Dec 23rd which really threw me off. So I pulled them into a list and noticed that they are all original source type = sfdc, however many are from back in 2012 up to present. How did they suddenly sync over? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Creation in MKTO from old leads

There may have been something in SFDC that triggered the sysmod timestamp to update, in which case Marketo would notice the change and the lead would sync back over. I'd talk with your SFDC admin and see if there was a validation rule, workflow, or something of the like that ran sometime right before the 23rd.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

There may have been something in SFDC that triggered the sysmod timestamp to update, in which case Marketo would notice the change and the lead would sync back over. I'd talk with your SFDC admin and see if there was a validation rule, workflow, or something of the like that ran sometime right before the 23rd.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Thanks, Drew!

Our SFDC admin isn't very receptive to anything marketing related. So before I ask him about this - is this an issue? What exactly do you think is happening? Dupes?

Thanks for any additional help!
Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you happen to recently delete a bunch of inactive or bad records from Marketo? I'm guessing what might've happened is that you removed a bunch of records from Marketo, but left them in SFDC, and something happened to update the sysmod timestamp for those records in SFDC on the 23rd. Marketo sees that and creates the lead in response. In this case, your best option is probably to create a recurring smart campaign that deletes your inactive records on a regular basis.