Re: Adding Litmus Code to Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Litmus Code to Emails

I am testing Litmus as an alternate email analytics option but I am having trouble pasting the code into my emails.  I find that Marketo breaks it up and then Litmus says that not all the code is there.

Am I missing something or has someone found the best way to add the code to their emails?

Note: I really do want to use the merge tags as well rather than just the standard reporting
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a few emails back and forth with Litmus, I was told that:  "If you leave off the CSS, this will prevent the activity tracking for prints/forwards from coming through. You'll still see engagement and email client stats in your reports, however print/forwards will be omitted. As long as the tracking image itself is in the body of your email, then you'll receive the engagement/client data."

I have proceeded with simply adding the img tag and leaving off the style info.  Marketo support has not be satisfactory at this point.
Hiram_Cruz
Level 2

Will just using the img tag show you which email provider they lead was using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else tested or had any luck with their Litmus tags. I tried the above solution and it's registering the number of opens. BUT, it's saying that all opens are via a Chrome web browser client, even though we're using Outlook. 

I'm concerned that Litmus doesn't work Marketo, which would be a sad day as we have clients that rely on Litmus statistics.

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone with any additional insight.
raiashutosh
Level 2

Content edited by moderator with corrections.

the code works if you use email script token for the litmus tracking. 

P.S. it only works if you don't have any dynamic content in your email

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

P.S. it only works if you don't have any dynamic content in your email

Not true. The presence of a Velocity {{my.token}} in an email does not interfere with dynamic content elsewhere in the email.