Adding Contacts to Accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Contacts to Accounts

Hello,

I was given a list of leads that needs to be uploaded into SalesForce and associated with an account that's already been created.  I imported the list into Marketo and converted them into.  How do I add them to the existing account that's already been created? Do I  use the "Change Data Value" flow and update the Account ID field with the Account ID of the existing account? (I tested this with one lead and it didn't seem to do anything). Is this even doable? The "Account Name" field doesn't appear under Change Data Value. Thanks in advance for the help!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding Contacts to Accounts

Hi Rebecca,
 You should be able to use "change data value" and use the "account" attribute. The new value should be the account ID (eg: 0015000000veN1E)

try that for one lead and see whether it works.

Apologies if that's what you already did.

It could also be the case that you checked right away after you rand the program? was there a "sync to sfdc" flow step in the program as well? Otherwise I think the change would occur at the next sync cycle between marketo and SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm... "Account" isn't appearing under Change Data Value. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yeah, you can't really do this in Marketo. Even SFDC has no out of the box capability to understand that Company=IBM means Account=International Business Machines or even just IBM.

What you could have done is something similar to what Anurag did by importing the list into SFDC by pulling a list of account IDs and matching them to the Lead IDs, but I think only Demand Tools would auto convert for you.

Another option is create a workflow that uses fuzzy logic to find existing related accounts. A client of mine does that and has a field that says "Related Account" on the Lead record. Then the rep can decide to convert it over.

So my recommendation at this point is to go into SFDC and create a lead view to find those leads you just uploaded and associate each one, one by one, to an account.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

While searching for fuzzy match rules, I came across this post. I need this solution (who does not ). My requirement is to identify/match  company for any new lead against SFDC accounts.

There are very few "true" fuzzy match solution for company names. Anyone tried Match2Lists.com or FuzzyMatchCompanyNames.com? They are top google results for "Fuzzy Match Company" search

Thanks

Deepak