SOLVED

Re: Adding Code Script into an email - Validation error Email Message has script tags

Go to solution
Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Re: Adding Code Script into an email - Validation error Email Message has script tags

I'm trying to embed a form into an email to use as a survey.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, I think you misunderstood what Allison was aiming to/able to do. 

You can't run JavaScript in an email (and you can't embed a form in an email even without JS).

Allison was sending code -- literal code -- to recipients.  Imagine if you had a weekly newsletter teaching people some coding tricks.  You would want the code to show up in the email, so they can copy-paste it.  You wouldn't want, nor expect, the code to run within the email client.

Hope that's clear now.

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Oh I see. Sad

Thanks for all your help!

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Alison,

Could you explain in a bit more detail about what exactly the code was that you inserted into the email? Was it javascript? Do you have an example of the final email?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Gerard

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Gerard, what Allison is doing here is "inserting code" in the sense that I could "insert code" into this Community post.  Not runnable code but displayable code.  Imagine if you were sending out a newsletter with JavaScript tips.  The email isn't running the code, but it is setting off the code with special formatting.