SOLVED

Re: Adding additional Landing Page CNAME question

Go to solution
DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

The form fill information comes through but not the page visit. They asked me for the munchkin code. If they embed that too will page visits be tracked, too?

nav-r2c
Level 1

Wanted to jump in and ask as I have an interesting configuration scenario– if I'm sending email and trying to configure a branded tracking domain I have a weirdish configuration right now and wanted to see if there was any special nuance to how folks think about configuring this.

Our email domain is r2c.dev but we want to have our landing page subdomain point to pages.semgrep.dev (off semgrep.dev) is this going to run into cross-domain engagement tracking issues based on the email & branded domain tracking being related to r2c.dev property but driving traffic to semgrep.dev property for us? We are still just getting started and I was wondering how big of a scaling challenge I might be walking into with this setup.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No problem. It’s the same as using a generic tracking domain (i.e. a domain owned by the MAP/ESP). There are 100 other things to worry about reputation-wise before you worry about that.

Of course you should warm up any domain, but it being different from the final domain after redirection (if both domains are in good standing) is fine.

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

What are you doing that enables you to see that?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What are you doing that enables you to see that?

Just a DNS lookup (dig).