SOLVED

Adding acquisition program to existing leads

Go to solution
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Adding acquisition program to existing leads

My company has been using Marketo for a few years now (prior to me starting). It appears as though no acquisition programs were set up for new leads. What is the best way to adding these to existing leads without inputting completely incorrect data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Re: Adding acquisition program to existing leads

I am thinking we will just stamp them moving forward, however what's the best way to stamp them ONLY for new leads? I would typically use 'if acquisition program is null, add acquisition program', however, everyone will be null and I don't want to add the incorrect acquisition program to existing leads.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There isn't really because the Acquisition Date would equal today, so it would look like everything happened at once.

If you really care about the Acquisition Program, you can try to do this, but how would you know for sure which program should get credit? Some leads should have Acquired By since Marketo sort of does this automatically.

The best thing to do is update the campaigns to stamp the leads going forward.

Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

I am thinking we will just stamp them moving forward, however what's the best way to stamp them ONLY for new leads? I would typically use 'if acquisition program is null, add acquisition program', however, everyone will be null and I don't want to add the incorrect acquisition program to existing leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could do this with a spreadsheet upload.

export the list of leads with no acquisition program as a csv

update the csv with program name(s)

Reimport

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You have to be careful with the Dates here, so look at

Created Date and then push that into Acquisition Date and reimport.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this same issue and this looks like a good solution. I'm wondering what to use as the program name though, because I don't know that - Lead Source?