SOLVED

Re: Adding a date field to a program

Go to solution
Andrew_Holstei1
Level 2

Adding a date field to a program

We are pulling program data from Marketo into a date warehouse for reporting purposes. We run events and I'm looking to find a way to identify the date an event takes place. Ideally, we'd add a date tag to the event but that's not really realistic or what the tags were designed for. I know we can schedule an event on the marketing calendar but as far as I've seen the calendar isn't available to the API. We're looking into pulling the date from the program name, but that leaves some room for human error.

Anyone seen a way to have a date associated to the program? All recommendations are much appreciated!

-Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I like the Date {{my.token}} approach because [a] it has to be a Date, as it's not freeform text, and [b] if someone forgets to add it, the Program can merely be flagged as undated in the BI tool or ETL process — the name never needs to change.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I personally would add the name into your naming convention. No more error than adding it some other way. We have a web-based naming convention builder and that really helps keep things in check.

You could also add a consistent token DATE across all programs and try to report on that, not sure how token reporting pulls into a BI tool

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I like the Date {{my.token}} approach because [a] it has to be a Date, as it's not freeform text, and [b] if someone forgets to add it, the Program can merely be flagged as undated in the BI tool or ETL process — the name never needs to change.

Andrew_Holstei1
Level 2

Thanks! Hadn't realized we can access program tokens via API.