Re: Add two data points from website URL to Marketo Email

Sheila_McGrath
Level 2

Add two data points from website URL to Marketo Email

Hello,

Each morning at 10am ET we send out an email that includes our daily rate. We're looking to automate this process so the actual rate would pull from our website and be inputted into the email. At that point, we could set it up so that the same email would deploy everyday once that rate had been updated. What's the best way to go about this? Should I create a new field that is updated by a webhook every day, or is an RSS feed a better bet? I've looked through discussions regarding both but am unable to figure out what would be best since the content we are looking to add to the email is a single rate and one other datapoint, not an entire blog feed.

Thank you,

Sheila

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Add two data points from website URL to Marketo Email

This isn't a good place for a webhook, because you'll have to run every recipient through the webhook just to give them all the same value. It would only be feasible if you had a low volume (say, < 5000 people) so the overhead could be ignored.

Rather, you'd want to pull the information in only once per day then write it to a shared {{my.token}} via API. This will require a separate app — a very simple one, to be clear, for example an AWS Lambda function — but separate nonetheless.