SOLVED

Re: Add Soft Bounces(Emails) to Smart List

Go to solution
Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Add Soft Bounces(Emails) to Smart List

We are trying to send out a client communication to all clients and in spot checking a few we found a few contacts missing. In digging deeper it turns out they soft bounced and now the lead is blocked from receiving communications.

Is there a way to add in all soft bounces as a filter to our Smart Campaign? I have tried using the filter but it is changing our number drastically and only pulling in what I think are the Soft Bounces? I want to have all contacts including soft bounces.

Thoughts?

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

So if I understand correctly, you want to send to anyone who fits ALL of the first 5 criteria OR whose email soft-bounced (off any email) in the past 90 days.

If that's the case, your Advanced Filter should look like:

(1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5) OR 6

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Tara Rowe​ I moved this discussion over to the Products space to get more input, but also, take a look at this doc. It should help you out.

Maintaining a Directory of Leads Bouncing Emails

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

What do your filters look like? IE: This section:

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 12.33.49 PM.png

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I am using all filters.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Ah, okay. That's what's happening. Because it's all filters, it will take all of your first five filters PLUS only those people whose emails have soft-bounced.

Do you want to include all emails that have soft-bounced, or just those that fit the above criteria?

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I want to include all those contacts within the first five plus any soft bounced emails. If I only choose a few I am not sure I will get the same results. Something I will have to play with to see. With all filters and the soft bounced my numbers are drastically lower. If I remove the filter and do not include it, it is higher which makes me believe it isn't pulling in all filter criteria.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

So if I understand correctly, you want to send to anyone who fits ALL of the first 5 criteria OR whose email soft-bounced (off any email) in the past 90 days.

If that's the case, your Advanced Filter should look like:

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Send to anyone who fits ALL of the first 5 criteria and anyone whose email soft-bounced (off any email) in the past 90 days.

Maybe this is not possible?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Based on what you described, Tara, you are looking for the Advanced Filters that Jenn outlined above.

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

It worked!!!

Thanks, so much you were correct.