Add empty field/choice to a form

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Add empty field/choice to a form

i'm trying to find out how  i can add an empty box to the registration form where a person could write his own answer if nothing suits him from the suggested choices (as on the picture before)
is this possible w/o having to create a new field for this "empty box" every time?
i need this answer to be associated with the same field (issue-tracker in my case)
0EM50000000RL46.jpg  
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Re: Add empty field/choice to a form

Hi Vlada, you can use the following article for your case, so when someone chooses "Other", the text box will be displayed: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GtrKCAS
I don't think you can include the additional input in the same field, as "issue tracker" field is a checbox, and the additional input is text (different type)

Itay
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Add empty field/choice to a form

Vlada - The January release is scheduled to contain Forms2.0, unless there are major problems during beta.

IF the release goes as scheduled, you'll be able to easily add a dependency which says, if they select OTHER from the set of options, display a 2nd field where they can put in their response. In this case you'll still need to create a field, Issue Tracking Other. 

I have 10 "Generic Fields"  where random data can be temporarily stored. Like whether someone wants an appointment at an upcoming trade show. However if you want to be able to reflect on the issues tracked, I'd suggest creating a custom field.