Acquisition Program vs Acquisition Program Name Fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Acquisition Program vs Acquisition Program Name Fields

I was looking to nail down the difference between the Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name fields and was pointed to this answer marked as correct from a 2013 discussion:

I'd bet that Acquisition Program Name is for people like me who were complaining about Acquisition Program being a system locked down field. It isn't available in many picklists, nor in certain filters. I really wanted to trigger campaigns off of Acquisition Program. So as a work around they duplicated the data into Acquisition Program Name and didn't make it a "special" data point, allowing it to be selected in lists, etc.

Acquisition Program = Master naming for programs
Acquisition Program Name = Friendly usable name

Has something has changed? Because what I see now is that I can select either field in a Smart List but can select only Acquisition Program in a Change Data Value flow step (though I could have sworn I had used Acquisition Program Name in a Change Data Value flow step in the past - perhaps it's my bad memory).

MAIN QUESTION:

The use case is that I want to check if Acquisition Program (or Acquisition Program Name) is empty - and if it IS, then populate it. In my Smart List, does it matter whether I use: Acquisition Program Name->is empty or Acquisition Program->is empty?

And can someone please expand upon why the two fields since the above explanation (no longer) seems to be accurate (i.e., Acquisition Program is usable)?

Thank you!

Denise

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Acquisition Program vs Acquisition Program Name Fields

I have this same exact question. Would love to hear an answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the ACQUISITION PROGRAM is what you want to use to determine if something is truly empty. Because the ACQUISITION PROGRAM NAME could be blank, but the ACQUISITION PROGRAM might not be.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It should be setup like this:

pastedImage_0.png

More detail can be found in my comments added in these threads:

Re: Acquisition Program Name and Date Not Automatically Set

Re: Tracking of leads imported into marketo ?

Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

Seconded!