Re: ABM webhook and response mappings

ItayOved
Level 2

ABM webhook and response mappings

Hi all,

I have a webhook to the ABM platform - Influ2. They have set up all the relevant fields which include impressions number and ad ID, however, it seems that they don't have an option to create a "creative name" field. This is weird because, if a prospect clicks on an ad, I can clearly see the creative name in the activity log - I want to get the data into a separate field.

I believe the way to do it is with Response Mapping, but how should I go about it?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A response mapping sets a Marketo field value based on the response from the external (non-Marketo) service.

So not sure how that would help, if you're saying the remote service doesn't have support for a certain field on their side.

ItayOved
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your reply! Huge fan.

Not sure if they completely don't support this field, I mean, I can see the creative name in the activity in the lead record. I was not able to get a clear answer from the company on that.

The button line is, I have that data that I can clearly see in the lead's activity and I want to retrieve that into a Marketo field - Is that not response mapping? What are the other options?

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

The button line is, I have that data that I can clearly see in the lead's activity

In the lead's activity log in the external service? Still not clear on where you're seeing this.

It has to be in the JSON/XML response to be mapped back to a field.

ItayOved
Level 2

I'm referring to the image below. I need a field for that data. I'm assuming that if I see it here, then it must be in the JSON/XML response, though I'm not sure how to get it

ItayOved_0-1603628794813.png

SanfordWhiteman

That's an inbound Custom Activity. From Marketo's standpoint, nothing to do with a webhook.