A/B testing re-send

AllisonHeaphy1
Level 1

A/B testing re-send

Hi Everyone! 

I am hoping you can help me with a re-send for an email in which we originally did an A/B test for. I am looking to re-send an email in which I can send to "not opened email".  I have created a new campaign to send out this second email. 

The email in which I performed an A/B test for has the email statistics in the report for the email, however, no results in the smart campaigns designed for delivered/open/ converted (so I know that the email went out correctly because I see results in the report)... I checked the smart list and report to ensure that they are connected to the right original email send, and they were.  This is effecting my ability to re-send the email to unopened, the audience should be 1300 with the not opened filter, but we are at just about 1,800. 

AllisonHeaphy1_1-1657571288664.png

It appears that I do not have the option to send to the original email without "subject line test" at the end. I think this is the problem that I am having in sending to the intended audience, as there is no way for me to send out the (whole) email, that was and was not associated within that a/b test.

Is there a best practice for re-sending A/B test emails? 

Thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: A/B testing re-send

Marketo backfills the email open activity in the report for people who have a click link for the corresponding email in the activity log this could be one possible explaination for the difference in the open rate as viewed in the email performance report and in the SL. Marketo replaces the email name for the emails with A/B test added and approved with the Email Program Name.Test Name (e.g., Subject Line Test) - the email would still be available in the SL, campaign flow, etc. To avoid the confusion and to keep things seperate you can clone the email and send it instead of re-using the same email used for A/B testing.

SeanWK
Level 1

Where can I find the new name of the test variant emails that were split for A/B testing? 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, Marketo does not create separate email assets IMO for A/B tests (at least not the ones you could refer/send/use as normal email assets). Marketo refers to the different variations of email used for A/B tests as "Test Variants". You could see the test variants for an email with AB test in the Test Variant constraint which is present in any email-related filter.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1677217090130.png