Re: A/B testing and tracking form submissions

Lee_Miles
Level 1

A/B testing and tracking form submissions

We are behind on creating mobile versions of our landing pages. That said, we would like to test our current pages against our new responsive design. I am aware of how to setup an a/b test but was looking for a way to also compare the number of form submissions completed within the responsive version on both desktop and mobile. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can add a hidden field to the form that corresponds to the same @media breakpoints you're using to determine responsiveness. In other words, echo your relevant CSS rules in calls to JS matchMedia. Then you'll have a field like lastFormSize you can use to add to lists, etc.

Lee_Miles
Level 1

Thank you Sanford. This is good suggestion and certainly worth a try. JS is not my area of expertise but I will certainly ask for assistance from our apps development department to get this setup since it's is the most logical approach thus far.

Lee

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you move this thread to Products and provide a link to your form, I can sketch out the approach in code.

Lee_Miles
Level 1

Thank you very much Sandford! I would very much appreciate your help. I'll send you a link via Products.

Lee