SOLVED

Re: A/B Test Main Result

Go to solution
Allison_Proehl
Level 4

A/B Test Main Result

I recently ran an A/B Test campaign and I wanted to see how I view the results of all the sends not just the 10% that were in the A/B test. Also For the A/B test how do I view the leads that clicked or opened the email. On the dashboard it only shows me what percentage.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Ali,

Create an Email Performance Report and in the Setup, select the emails that were tested. This will provide results from the entire email send. If you wish to then drill down by test variants, include the Smart List filter and constraint of "was sent email: test variant".

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Devraj_Grewal

Ali,

Create an Email Performance Report and in the Setup, select the emails that were tested. This will provide results from the entire email send. If you wish to then drill down by test variants, include the Smart List filter and constraint of "was sent email: test variant".

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Thanks for adding in the how to look at particular test variants Devraj Grewal, very helpful!

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

I was searching for a way to get the results on the winning email. This answered my question. Thanks Devraj Grewal​! Very helpful.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Hi Devraj Grewal​,

Actually, when I pulled the email performance report for the winner (Email A), it only showed the results for the test, not the running of the winner. How would I determine the email performance of the send of the winning email?

Devraj_Grewal

Amanda Thomas

Could you provide a bit more detail? What type of test was it, how many emails were used, and what you're trying to report on?

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Hey Devraj Grewal​,

It was an Email Program A/B Test, just two emails, testing the email content (email itself). I could get open and CTR for the test group and for the email all together (from following your directions), but I couldn't find a way to break out just the winning email stats. I guess I could just subtract the test results from the overall email performance results.

Example of what I'm trying to report.

A/B Test Email Performance

Sent 1,000

Delivered 985

Opened 500

Clicked 30

Winner of the test was Email A.

Email A Email Performance

Sent 10,000

Delivered 9,176

Opened 1987

Clicked 189

Devraj_Grewal

Amanda,

I see what you mean, yes since the A/B test was for whole emails with no variants, the email report will show the results for the entire email test and winning send together. But what you mentioned will work, you can just subtract the test results from the overall results to isolate the results for the winning email which was sent after the test.

Brent_Shean
Level 2

Ideally the report would show results for each test and then compile the totals. Instead, you need to create a separate email performance report for each test group then combine the results in Excel.