SOLVED

Re: A/B split testing for Paid search landing pages

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B split testing for Paid search landing pages

Hi there,

How would I go about setting up 2 landing pages for my PPC campaigns within the same programme?

Thanks,

Lavina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Lavina, if you right-click on the page and then select "Convert to Test Group", you can do an A/B test on landing pages within your program. More information here: Landing Page Test Groups - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Lavina, if you right-click on the page and then select "Convert to Test Group", you can do an A/B test on landing pages within your program. More information here: Landing Page Test Groups - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much Dory

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

So I right-clicked on on the existing landing page & selected "Convert to Test Group". It has created a folder, so under this folder I can have 2 separate landing pages? (please see attached screenshot). And within campaigns (within my program), where would I set this up so that it split tests the landing page?

Thanks for the document you linked through too but that mentions creating landing pages from the design studio whilst I am still in Marketing Activities.

Thanks,

Lavinascreenshot-split-testing.png

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Lavina, from here you want to create your other landing page, and then "Edit Group Members" -- add the new landing page you just created to the group -- and then approve all of the assets. You need to ensure you approve both of the landing pages, as well as the test group, for all of this to work properly.

Marketo will automatically present the group members at random when all of the assets are approved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

Thank you, I have created the other landing page, edited group members so that both landing pages are under the same folder. Also approved both landing pages as well as the test group.

The problem I now have is that the test group URL is that of the first landing page, is that how it should be? Please see below screenshot.

Would this be the Landing page URL i use (the test group one) within my campaign to direct users to?

Thanks for all your help.

Lavina

screenshot-split-testing.png

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yes, the test group URL is where you want to direct people to. I'd advise viewing yourself, and doing a little bit of testing so that you feel comfortable with the results.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory. Ahh..i didnt realise the same URL showed the 2 different landing pages! Thanks, just tested it more than once.

Would I need to create 2 lists as well or just 1 would be enough?

Thanks so much for your prompt responses, appreciate it

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I'm not sure what the two lists would be for. You will need to take both pages into account if you have a trigger like "Fills out form, on page: xyz"