SOLVED

Re: A/B email test isn't showing challenger with any opens

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B email test isn't showing challenger with any opens

My A/B test testing on click to open ratios isn't showing any data for opens for my challenge for about 450 emails, while the incumbent had 138 opens in the same send. Is there anywhere else I can check this data? I'm worried that 50% of my emails just didn't go out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Christa,

How was this email sent?  Was it an email program, or was it a Champion/Challenger email that was sent through a batch campaign?

If it's the latter, then the explanation is that the Champion/Challenger is meant only for trigger campaigns, and when sent through batch campaigns only the Champion is sent out.

John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Did you use an email program or a champion challenger on the default channel?

Anonymous
Not applicable

A champ/challenger on the default channel.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Christa,

How was this email sent?  Was it an email program, or was it a Champion/Challenger email that was sent through a batch campaign?

If it's the latter, then the explanation is that the Champion/Challenger is meant only for trigger campaigns, and when sent through batch campaigns only the Champion is sent out.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

A champ/challenger on the default channel. It was within a nurture stream.

Edit: Yes I misunderstood this documemntation Add an Email Champion/Challenger - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

I thought the email test would work within nurture streams because of the way the program gets prompted to send in engagement programs. Funnily (or depressingly), I erased some random sampling thinking this was the best thing ever!