SOLVED

Re: 2021 How to Move Images Between Folders

Go to solution
Lauren_Bell
Level 2

2021 How to Move Images Between Folders

Hello, since Marketo removed the drag-and-drop feature, I was trying to recently move some images between folders by selecting the file, clicking on File Actions, and then attempting to click "Move". However, this option is always grayed out for me, even with images I have uploaded myself. Is there a workaround to this that I am missing? Why is this option grayed out at all? TYIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lauren_Bell
Level 2

Hi Dave,

Thank you for responding. I am an Admin in our instance which is why I didn't think this was a permissions issue.

And I actually think I found a solution... I have to select the pictures in "List" view mode instead of "Thumbnail" view. I normally use the Thumbnail view to see the pictures themselves, but when I was playing around with it some more I discovered the "Move" option is NOT grayed out when they are selected in List view mode.

I truly have never heard of this before and I am almost positive I've moved pictures when using "Thumbnail" view in the past but... at least I can move them now?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Hey Lauren,

I had a go in our Sandbox and was able to move images back and forth between the folders so I don't think this is a global issue with the new UI. I've been in spots before with clients where we've got more limited access setup in the Role and things that I cannot access are usually grayed out. Could it be that you have a set of permissions that is preventing you from:

1) Moving content in/out of any folders?

>> You could check in Design Studio, Marketing Activities, etc to see if you can move anything

2) Moving content in/out of specific folders?

>> You could check with something you were able to move to see if you can move that into your preferred destination

Im not sure if this does have anything to do with permissions, but thought I'd mention it b/c it's the only time I've seen stuff grayed out that looks like it could/should be an option. 

Lauren_Bell
Level 2

Hi Dave,

Thank you for responding. I am an Admin in our instance which is why I didn't think this was a permissions issue.

And I actually think I found a solution... I have to select the pictures in "List" view mode instead of "Thumbnail" view. I normally use the Thumbnail view to see the pictures themselves, but when I was playing around with it some more I discovered the "Move" option is NOT grayed out when they are selected in List view mode.

I truly have never heard of this before and I am almost positive I've moved pictures when using "Thumbnail" view in the past but... at least I can move them now?

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Thanks for posting your findings here, glad you were able to figure this out. I try to avoid that "thumbnail picker" as much as possible, I've run into other issues with the way that processes compared to just pasting a URL in the URL field (the one that you get from the list-view of images), so I'll add this to the list of reasons that I don't do it that way!