20015 - Request limit exceeded

Anonymous
Not applicable

20015 - Request limit exceeded

Hello,

I am using a third party application to download Lead data from Marketo using the SOAP API and sync it with a reporting system. This process has been working fine for weeks with no changes. However, today it is continually failing with the error "20015 - Request limit exceeded".

I can understand there is a limit, but this seems like a strange error message for two reasons:
  1. The first attempt this morning failed immediately, meaning we had already hit our limit before doing anything this morning.
  2. A few attempts later on succeded in downloading some data for about 30 minutes, until failing again with the same error. If the limit was exceeded for today, I don't understand why it would allow me to download data for awhile and then fail.
I have seen similar quesitons where this had to do with hitting limits of SFDC. Please note that this download has nothing to do with SFDC, it is just between Marketo's SOAP API and another system.

Any tips or more information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: 20015 - Request limit exceeded

I'd call Support to help with this one. I did read that there is a 10,000 call limit on the API, but I'm not sure if this applies in your situation or if there is a difference between the REST and SOAP versions.