Re: 2 page forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 page forms

I'm trying to create a two page form.  For example, page 1 would be name/company/email, and the button would say next. On following page, it would be some qual fields with a final submit that directs to a thank you page.

My question is, I can do this by using two forms, but my worry is because the 2nd form can technically be accessed even without filling out the first page, if by chance people do get to it, and fill it out, won't it just create a bunch of leads without any contact data (since all that is on the 1st form).

Is there a way to limit access to the 2nd page to only those that have fill out the first form?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than combining them, there really isn't a way to block access. That said, people making it to the second page isn't super likely if it isn't indexed by a search engine.

One way you could do this is make your other fields progressive profile fields on the other form- with some playing around I bet that'll solve the basics.

Overall though, my recommendation is not to do this. Put it on one form and keep it short. You'll get more conversions and not annoy your leads.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

So you would do this:

Page 1: Meta Robots: index, no follow
Page 2: Meta Robotos: noindex,nofollow

they would have to fill out Form 1 to reach Form 2.

I also recommend avoiding this as Erik says, unless we better understand the motivation for putting this into 2 pages.