Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

canneberg
Level 3

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Thanks, @Zoe_Forman. One question that came up from the exam prep this week (and ironically in real life at work ๐Ÿ˜€) was 'which types of email programs can leverage AB testing?' From my own digging around, I can't find a way to AB test in things like DRIP campaigns, Nurtures, etc. Only with one-off/one-time sends is what I could actually AB test (the purple mailbox icon programs).

We're an Adobe enterprise account, so we are trying to squeeze as much juice out of our Marketo usage as we can, particularly around testing for our audience.

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @canneberg 

The email A/b testing is done in the email program (purple), you can't add the Email send program to the Engagement program's stream as content.

A/B Testing can be done based on Subject Line, Whole emails, from address and date time of email programs (purple)

For your nurture are you using Marketo's Engagement program or building manual nurture?

You can A/B test on the individual email (purple) if building manually, but not in the nurture program

Before adding emails into a drip or nurture program it is best to do your a/b testing first as a blast email with a test sample.

Does that clarify for you?

Thanks, Zoe

canneberg
Level 3

Yes, @Zoe_Forman it does clarify that for me. We technically do both Marketo engagement program and manual nurtures. Something that came up during our implementation with our Adobe partner made us come up with use cases for both. Thanks for helping!

Zoe_Forman

I will leave the quiz up for module 1 and you can go back and answer as many times as you want - until you get 10/10.

Please ask me if you are unsure of any questions or need more explanation.

Quiz Module 1 Programs:  31 May 2024

Zoe_Forman

A few mentors have noticed that the exam prep guide is throwing 404 errors: 

We have reported it to Adobe on Friday evening.

So Module 2 due on Monday to focus on will be delayed until we can get back into the exam prep documents.

How have you got on with week 1 QUIZ 

Any questions?

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. @canneberg 
  8. Mikita Leichyk
  9. @can
Clayosa
Level 2

Okay - I did awful on that quiz! I really need to learn to pause and READ. ๐Ÿคฃ

Zoe_Forman

Yes I saw your quiz submissions - that's what they are for, learning to read the questions.

You probably know the answers but the multiple choice gives you two possible answers, one maybe possible and a wild one! 

Just read the question and pause - often your first thoughts or answer are teh correct one, but you doubt yourself.

Zoe_Forman

Hi all - moving into Module 2 this week, BUILDING ASSETS

Some of you may have had issues logging into the exam prep guide so try this link: https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/247

This is one of the smaller sections, accounting for 19% of exam questions, and I know you are already creating assets, so this should be a refresher of best practices for you all and provide some good housekeeping tips - use of folders, naming conventions, operational emails and exploring Design Studio - image editing and uploading.

This section of the exam will test your ability to understand the following aspects of Building Assets:

• Manipulating files in Design Studio (uploading/replacing images and files).
  • Create/Modify a form using the Form Editor.
  • Create/Edit an email using the Email Editor.
  • Create/Edit a landing page using the Landing Page Editor.
  • Create/Edit a Snippet in the Snippet Editor.
  • Distinguish the difference between draft and approved assets.
  • Distinguish the difference between local and global assets.

If you don't use a type of asset such as Marketo Landing pages as you use your own company domains to host Marketo forms, then read the sections and get familiar with the terminology. The principles are the same.

As last week, if you have any questions, just ask and share.

Thanks, Zoe

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. @canneberg 
canneberg
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman - I may have missed it but is there a quiz 2 for this current week?

kami
Level 4

@canneberg I believe she will post it tomorrow (Fridays).