Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Yes Fridays for quizzes to be published each week.

Clayosa
Level 2

Hi @Zoe_Forman and fellow Aspirant Peers!

My apologies for the late introduction! We just finished integrating to SFDC so I have a shiny new instance that I'm trying to get back to normal operations (hindsight is 20/20!) and have been delayed!

I'm Carlicia (car-lee-sha) and I'm super excited to be in this mentorship program! I'm based in Illinois and am currently the Marketing Automation Manager at MISUMI in Schaumburg, IL (Northwest of Chicago). I've been with MISUMI for 9 years in July originally starting as an Application Engineer but moving into Marketing in 2016. I call myself an engineer by trade and a marketer by soul. I was a Marketo Certified Expert in 2017 so it is definitely time to renew!

I've been working in Marketo for almost 8 years but there is always something to learn. At MISUMI, I've developed many campaigns and learned through many mistakes. Looking forward to catching up and learning from all of you!

Zoe_Forman

Hi @Clayosa  and welcome, thanks for the intro.

If you have been working in Marketo for 8 years then this course should serve as a refresher on terminology and best practise in Marketo to help you on your way to renewing your Marketo certifications.

The exams had an overhaul in last 18 months with updated questions and screenshots from the latest platform - although 95% of the principles and processes are the same. Still some tricky questions in how they are asked - read the question a couple of time!

Use this thread to go through any questions you have about the exam prep documentation and the weekly quiz I add. Or anything you want explaining in more details or sometime just a different way or use case.

I too started as product design engineer, then moved into general marketing and found my niche n marketing operations.

Thanks, Zoe 

kami
Level 4

@Zoe_Forman 
I need to unsubscribe the email addresses from all of these contacts, is there a quick way to do that in bulk or do I need todo it one by one?

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 8.51.13โ€ฏAM.png

โ€ƒ

Zoe_Forman

Hi @kami 

Yes you can do in bulk. At the top of the Smart list select all and all leads will turn orange.

Then go into Person ACTIONS> Marketing> Change Data value

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 20.57.00.png

Then Select Opt-in and change to false and RUN.
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 20.58.48.png

kami
Level 4

Perfect! Thank you.

canneberg
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman --  I believe this question is out of scope from this week, but I am curious about your own thoughts. I have been getting the question of when the amount and/or % of unsubscribes from an email is too bad/much and a Marketo account could potentially be barred from sending additional emails (even temporarily). Is there a number Marketo claims is the threshold? I tried searching all over Marketo/Adobe materials and I must be using the incorrect search terms because I can't find anything very definite -- just stuff on how to set up unsubscribe reports or handle operational emails or campaigns.

Zoe_Forman

Hi @canneberg 

From Marketo's perspective, a high unsubscribe rate can be concerning, especially if it consistently exceeds industry benchmarks.

Industry benchmarks vary, but a general guideline is to aim for an unsubscribe rate below 0.5%

Here are some best practice guidelines:

However, this can vary based on factors such as industry, audience, and email frequency.

1. Factors to Consider:
    • Frequency: Sending too many emails in a short period can lead to higher unsubscribes. Avoid bombarding recipients with excessive emails.
    • Content Relevance: Irrelevant or repetitive content can frustrate subscribers, leading to unsubscribes.
    • Engagement: Regularly assess engagement metrics (opens, clicks, conversions). Inactive leads may be more likely to unsubscribe.
    • Preference Center: Provide an unsubscribe preference centre where recipients can adjust their email frequency or preferences.

2. Communication Limits:
  3. Hard Bounces:
  4. Unsubscribe Experience:
  5. Inactive Leads:
    • Consider removing leads who havenโ€™t engaged in the past 6 to 12 months.
    • Regularly cleanse your list to maintain quality and relevance.

Email providers such as Yahoo and GMAIL don't look kindly on emails sent with mass unsubscribe or non-open rates, and this can affect your domain's email send trust.

Ranakaren18
Level 3

Hi @Zoe_Forman Iยดll actually be working this week in data clean up. I will use the 6 months without engagement criteria to remove those contacts so we can start our new FY with an up to date database ๐Ÿ™‚

Zoe_Forman

@Ranakaren18 

Perfect - over time, you can adjust the inactivity range from 6+ months to 2 years depending on where you are based and if you are international, covering global regions.

In Canada CASTL has a 2 year timeframe for consent.

Google & Yahoo will delete dormant email accounts after 2 years, so I suggest you get ahead of that.

There is nothing like a clean database - better targeting and personalisation for an improved customer experience and quicker conversion through your pipeline and deliver quality leads to sales.