Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Moopsie - marketing operations mistakes!  We have all made them, but it's how you learn from them that counts.

Documenting the 'recovery' process is a good starting point - first admit your error.

With templates I would keep them as simple as possible and keep the assets names generic and all static lists empty.

If you can set up a "center of excellence" folder that lays out structures for programs so users don't have to start from scratch. Then encourage utilisation with these programs by training and documentation to rely on these as a starting point or to clone an existing program that was successful for them.

Even if you are a one person team having templates will save you time for every program type.

Zoe_Forman_0-1717359162216.png

Here is a more detailed document - 

Get started with Adobe Marketo Engage program templates

Zoe_Forman

Hi, @Ranakaren18. It's Great to have you on board, and thanks for the intro.
Cakes and Cookies sounds fun side hustle.

I am looking forward to you taking part in this group.

We will definitely cover programs, smart campaigns, and segmentation in the coming weeks, using Adobe Documentation and real case examples.

Are you working in English only, or do you have Spanish and other languages for the Latin / Mexico region?

Thanks, Zoe

Ranakaren18
Level 3

Hi Zoe, nice to meet you too!

What I love about cakes, cupcakes and cookies is that I can be as creative as I want ๐Ÿ™‚

I manage all LAC region except for Brazil, so I work in Spanish. Brazil is part of LAC but since they speak Portuguese they have a specific team that manages Marketo for them.

Learning Portuguese is the next thing I want to do ๐Ÿ™‚

Zoe_Forman

Welcome to the journey of preparing for the Adobe Marketo Engage Professional exam! As you embark on this path, youโ€™ll find yourself equipped with knowledge and determination from me, your mentor Zoe Forman.

What to Expect:

1. Personalised Guidance:
    • Iโ€™m an experienced Marketo expert and will be your compass, guiding you through the exam prep modules to help you grasp the material effectively in theory and in day-to-day use.
    • Expect regular check-ins, virtual coffee chats, and a listening ear. I answer questions, clarify doubts, and celebrate your progress.
  2. Study Guide Exploration:
    • The study guide is your roadmap. I will walk you through each section, demystifying concepts and highlighting key areas.
    • Youโ€™ll dive into topics like lead management, email marketing, reporting, and automation.

3. Hands-On Practice:
    • Theory alone wonโ€™t cut it. I believe in practical application. Youโ€™ll get hands-on experience in your own instance, setting up campaigns, configuring workflows, and mastering Marketoโ€™s tools.
    • Explore, experiment, and learn by doing.

4. Mock Exams and Strategies:
    • I know the exam terrain and simulate mock exams, helping you build confidence and fine-tune your test-taking strategies.
    • You can expect tips on time management, question analysis, and maintaining a calm mindset during the real exam.

5. Deep Dives into Tricky Areas:
    • Some topics are like hidden treasure chests. I will unlock them for you, whether itโ€™s understanding program builds, reporting, building assets, targeting audiences, or more.

6. Community Engagement:
    • Marketo isnโ€™t just a tool; itโ€™s a vibrant community. Ask questions, read threads on Community Nation, join webinars, and take advantage of networking opportunities via Marketo User Groups (MUGS).
    • I encourage you to connect with fellow learners, share insights, and learn from real-world scenarios.
    • Remember, exam preparation is not just about memorising factsโ€”itโ€™s about understanding concepts, applying them to practice, and staying informed.
    • Read blogs, articles, and case studies related to Marketo. Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and success stories.

Your Role:

1. Active Participation:
    • Be present. Comment on threads, ask questions and engage. Your commitment fuels the process.
    • Remember, I am your co-pilot, but youโ€™re the captain of your learning ship.
  2. Curiosity and Curiosity (Yes, Twice!):
    • Curiosity fuels growth. Ask โ€œwhy,โ€ explore tangents, and seek deeper understanding.
    • Curiosity (the second one) is about exploring Marketoโ€™s nooks and crannies. Click buttons, explore menus, and unravel mysteries.
  3. Resilience:
    • Some concepts may feel like climbing Everest. Persevere. I will be your Sherpa.
    • When doubt creeps in, remember: Youโ€™re not alone on this summit.
    • Be prepared to fail; but learn from failures โ€“ your own and others.

Whatโ€™s Next in Summary:

Each week, usually on Monday, I will post a Knowledge Topic related to the exam from the Adobe Marketo Professional Prep Guide for you to read through. In this thread, you can ask questions that I will answer, allowing others to follow along.

Each week will have a focus, but feel free to go back to a previous topic.

The Adobe Marketo Engage Professional exam isnโ€™t just about passingโ€”itโ€™s about mastering a powerful marketing automation platform.

So, buckle up, sip that virtual coffee, and conquer Marketo together. The exam awaits, and youโ€™re ready.

Cheers to your success! Warm regards, Your Mentor Zoe.

For those concerned about my spelling โ€“ I am in British English! Less โ€˜zโ€™s and more โ€˜uโ€™s.

To:

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. Mikita Leichyk
  8. Cole Canneberg
Ranakaren18
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman  Hi Zoe! I hope it is fine to ask here this, Iยดm trying to create some local assets within a program (smart list, email and smart campaign) and Iยดm getting this error: 

Does anyone know why Iยดm getting it and how can I trouble shoot it? I was able to create those local assets an hour ago.

MicrosoftTeams-image (60).png

kami
Level 4

@Ranakaren18 

I asked ChatGPT and this is what it said to try, not sure of accuracy.

The error message indicates a JavaScript loading issue within Adobe Marketo. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and potentially fix this issue:

1. **Clear Browser Cache**: Sometimes cached data can cause issues with loading scripts. Clear your browser cache and cookies, then reload the page.

2. **Try a Different Browser**: Test the page in a different web browser to see if the issue is browser-specific.

3. **Disable Browser Extensions**: Some browser extensions might interfere with scripts. Temporarily disable all extensions and reload the page.

4. **Check Network Connectivity**: Ensure your internet connection is stable and not experiencing any disruptions.

5. **Update Browser**: Ensure your browser is up to date with the latest version, as outdated browsers may not support certain scripts.

6. **Developer Console**: Open the browserโ€™s developer console (usually by pressing F12 or right-clicking the page and selecting "Inspect" or "Inspect Element") and check for any error messages that might give more context to the JavaScript error.

7. **Contact Support**: If the issue persists, contact Adobe Marketo support with the error details, session ID, and any relevant information provided in the error message.

If you try these steps and still encounter issues, please let me know, and we can explore further troubleshooting options.

Zoe_Forman

Love a ChatGPT Q&A ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿค–

Yes in summary a browser refresh will usually work, plus check the points I added to check your assets and instance errors.

It can be a local connection on your broadband / wifi 

If error persists then you can submit a support Ticket and ask them to investigate - include screenshots

@Ranakaren18 @kami 

Ranakaren18
Level 3

Thank you Kami! Iยดve never used ChatGPT but now I will consider it for my next cryptic error message haha.

kami
Level 4

Another mentee suggested using it for a different reason. I use ChatGPT and blackbox.ai for HTML and various other syntaxes, but I hadn't thought to use ChatGPT for this particular task until now. I decided to try it for your question, and it worked out well. I will definitely be using it more in the future. Just remember, if you're using the free version, avoid sharing sensitive or private information because your data might be used to train the AI and could be seen by others. For enhanced privacy, consider paying for the higher-tier package or build your own and make it private.

Zoe_Forman

@Ranakaren18     

AH that what we call a 'Marketo Moment' - usually a browser refresh will sort it out. Just check that last changes have been saved /approved as can sometimes be skipped.

You can check you Campaign Queue to see if there is anything taking its type to process and sync to your CRM. Also check your notifications to see if you have an unusually high number of errors.

Occasionally your 'pod' that your instance is sitting on is having a surge of activity from one of your neighbours - like too many people on a low bandwidth WIFI if they are processing a huge campaign.