Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

kami
Level 4

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

I will look into this! Thank you.

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@kami   How do you prefer to learn? reading documents, watching videos or a tutor lead course.

Sometime a variety helps depending on the content.

Videos on YouTube were a good source for me when I first started, some of the visuals look a little different but the terminology and process is the same.

Joe Reitz - Marketo-FU on YouTube. Once in YourTube search Marketo and your topic a you will see a variety of videos by Adobe partners (usually agencies/consultants). Match these to your own instance and work through.

The Adobe Marketo Documents are the most detailed and up todate.

Ask any questioning the community and the search will provide a number of options form documents/comments/blog posts and will highlight recommended to show the closed to your search request.

kami
Level 4

@Zoe_Forman 
I will definitely check out this channel. Thank you for all the valuable resources!

Zoe_Forman

@canneberg  yes external course can be a good 'refresher' for you when you have a basic understanding of Marketo.

Marketo is easy to understand, but takes time to master.

The Adobe Marketo exam prep guide is as much about learning the terminology and get familiar with how questions are asked in the exam.

solson2
Level 3

Hi @canneberg 

Welcome to the team. How big is the audience you market to?

Sounds like you and @kami will have a lot of overlap and can share so many insights!

matherstone
Level 2

Hi @Zoe_Forman and everyone else! 

Sorry I'm late to post. My name is Maggie Atherstone. I am based in the NYC area. I have been using Marketo since January. I am working with Talent Branding at HashiCorp (tech company). My experience so far has been with trigger and batch email campaigns. I am excited to learn more from you all and get my certification.

My LinkedIn is https://www.linkedin.com/in/maggie-atherstone/ for anyone who wants to connect!

solson2
Level 3

Hi @matherstone 

Welcome to the dream team! 

kami
Level 4

@matherstone 

Hey Maggie,

It's great to virtually meet you! It's awesome to hear about your experience with trigger and batch email campaigns at HashiCorp. I too started in January and I'm looking forward to learning alongside you and sharing insights.

What are some of the tips/tricks/issues that you faced in your first couple months that you wish you had learned sooner in your Marketo journey?

Best of luck on your certification journey! Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well: Kami Nelson.

Looking forward to collaborating!

Zoe_Forman

HI @matherstone Maggie,

Welcome to the group, sounds like you are well under way with creating programs.

If you can start to look through the Understanding & Building Programs module in the exam prep docs and any questions please ask.

I will be posting a Friday quiz based on the exam type questions around this so you get a feel of who questions are asked.

Each week we will look at a module in teh exam prop guide, but feel free to ask me anything.

Your questions can help you and others in this cohort.

Thanks, Zoe 

Zoe_Forman

Hi all,

Thanks for the introductions, interactions with each other and your initial questions, keep them coming.

How has the first module Building and Managing Programs in the exam prep gone for you?

Any specific questions on this topic? This is the building blocks of what you do day to day in Marketo and accounts for 39% of exam questions. Most of you are already creating programs for various channels, this is more about learning the Marketo terminology.

Here is a quick quiz to check your knowledge, any answers you get incorrect go back through the documents and read the question again. If you get stuck or don't understand the reasoning or question just ask.

Quiz Module 1 Programs:  31 May 2024

Try and read the module in the exam prep and completing the quiz by Sunday and. I will post module 2 Building Assets on 
Monday.

Thanks, Zoe 

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. Mikita Leichyk
  8. @canneberg 

@Jon_Chen