🗣️ [Mentor Tamara Johnson] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Tamara Johnson] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Tamara Johnson (@tjohnson1 / @tamarajohnson) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Professional (AD0-E555) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Tamara:

Tamara-Johnson_HS.PNG

I've used Marketo Engage since 2019, and was certified in 2020 as a practitioner. I'm mostly self-taught, learning the software through my [then] new job as a digital marketer. The company I worked for at that time had a vacant position for an in-house marketing manager. The only requirement was to learn our tech stack and make improvements. It seemed right up my alley since I was already involved with data management and naturally curious. I was able to understand the mechanics of the software through aspects of segmentation, lifecycle management, and what influences conversions. It was a career move that set the mold for my new career path and niche base. Marketo made me what Seth Godin calls, The Purple Cow. 

Aspirants mapped to @tjohnson1 

1. @chantaymorgan 
  2. @Harsh91 
  3. @elenaburroni 
  4. @ellie_pramenko 
  5. Rajat Dua 
  6. @christensenb 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Tamara, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Tamara and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Professional (AD0-E555) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

19 REPLIES 19
elenaburroni
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Tamara Johnson] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello @tjohnson1 and hello fellow aspirants!

It's a pleasure to meet you all 😊

I'm Elena Burroni, a 26-year-old marketing automation enthusiast from Rome, now working in Milan for The Adecco Group in the CX and Innovation department. I've been in the marketing automation field since 2021, with a passion for creating effective automated workflows and engaging content and customer experiences.

I'm excited to connect with fellow professionals here, share insights, and learn from each of you.

Looking forward to our interactions and collaborations!

Best,

Elena Burroni

tamarajohnson
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Tamara Johnson] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi everyone!  @chantaymorgan @Harsh91  @elenaburroni  @ellie_pramenko Rajat Dua  @christensenb 

Thank you for being patient with me while my credentials were here updated to sign in and interact with everyone. I know we are on week #2 and I'll get a quiz ready for you today. 

This thread https://nation.marketo.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/129919/contributions/discussions is inactive 

Tamara Johnson
tamarajohnson
Level 2

Hi @elenaburroni !

Great to connect with you and everyone here. You're in a great place to learn and flourish. The Marketo Community is full of very technically savvy members.

I've learned a lot from the community threads. I wish I had known of this concept of learning when I set out for my Practitioner + Expert exams. I did a lot of studying solo or asking my co-workers for assistance with quizzes and learning. Also, I watched hours of training videos via  Marketo University and I still recommend those modules.

I look forward to helping you and everyone in our cohort grow into strong operators and managers. Marketo is a very robust tool with thousands of capabilities and integrations. Attribution channels and engagement characteristics are just a few of my favorite concepts and lines of study. Marketo lets you see the data and results in real-time and that will make you all strong resources to your Sales + Revenue and Chief Marketing Officers.

-Tamara

Tamara Johnson
Harsh91
Level 2

Hello @tjohnson1 and everyone!!

Hope you all are doing well. 😊

I'm Harsh, working for the ServicePlan Group in Düsseldorf, Germany in Adobe Solutions team. I have been working with different Adobe solutions for the last 10 years but this will be my first time to work with Marketo and marketing automation solutions.

I'm excited to connect with you all and learn.

Looking forward to this program.

Best,

Harsh

elenaburroni
Level 2

Hello @Harsh91,

Welcome to the group! It's great to have someone with your extensive Adobe experience on board. Given your expertise, I'm curious: which of the topics covered in this program do you think will be the most challenging for you?

Looking forward to your insights and to learning together.

Best,
Elena

Harsh91
Level 2

Hey @elenaburroni ,

Thanks for welcome and it's nice meeting you here!!

For me, approximately all the topics will be new and challenging as I have ideas about segmentation, campaigns, workflows, and other capabilities that are used but I haven't used them or worked with them in Marketo sense till now.

It's great to have you on board here as you already have hands-on experience with Marketing automation tools, maybe you can help me with a small walk-through in it.

About other Adobe products, if you have any queries or questions, I will hopefully be able to help you out.

Best,

Harsh

tamarajohnson
Level 2

Hi @Harsh91 

I'm happy to connect with you on our contextual thread, and I'm glad your login information was solved.

I enjoy Marketo and am quite excited that it's a part of Adobe's vast number of products. My background is in graphic design and architecture so Adobe Creative Suite is something I used for 20 years. I have used Marketo for the past 5 years to learn the marketing environment. I'm here to help and answer as much as I can. The Marketo Community is full of people who want to help and have experience in so many dynamics of the program. 

-Tamara

Tamara Johnson
tamarajohnson
Level 2

Hi @chantaymorgan  @Harsh91  @elenaburroni  @ellie_pramenko  @christensenb @Rajat Dua

My apologies for missing our first quiz! 🙂  Some technical difficulties on my end were resolved! The good news is we have round 2 this week to start strong!!  Below will be a mix of Week 1 and Week 2 course sections in our Adobe Marketo Engage Professional Prep Guide.

👨‍🎓Week 2 Quiz :  Build & Managing Program + Program Assets 👩‍💻

Question 1: Select which answers are true

Email programs play well with other programs. You can use an Email Program to do the following:

1. Use an email program to send out a webinar invitation.
  2. Use an email program inside a default program to keep things organized.
  3. Nest an email program inside an engagement program, since they can be used multiple times and run more than once.

Question 2: Select which answers are true

Understanding Head Start Time in an Email Program

1. When you choose a date/time for an Email Program, it determines when the program will begin processing. If you want your emails to launch at the selected time, Head Start gives you that option by processing the program in advance.
  2. With Head Start selected, the program will begin processing approximately 6 hours prior to the scheduled time. Once processing starts, the program is locked.
  3. If you unapprove your email program with less than 12 hours before its scheduled run time, but then change your mind, you’ll need to pick a new date/time that’s at least 12 hours ahead of when you approve it.

Question 3: Select which answers are true

Design Studio Assets

1.   After you’ve selected the replacement image/file in Design Studio with the same name and same file type (ex: .gif, .jpg) the new image/file will be saved but will not be live on all landing pages and emails once uploaded. You will need to manually reset them across all programs and asset types.
  2. In Design Studio,  the Images and Files search only utilizes “begins with” functionality at this time.
  3. The image editor allows you to make quick, light edits to your images in Marketo Engage for Marketo Landing Pages. Email images are locked and are not considered editable.

Question 4: Select which answers are true

SFDC Sync Leads - Salesforce Integration

1.   The lead (person) and contact sync is bidirectional. If you make changes to a record in either Salesforce or Marketo, your updates will be reflected in both systems.
  2.   Marketo will not respect Salesforce validation rules. The sync will fail if the data format is wrong or missing required field information. Marketo will not log the result in the lead's Activity Log if this happens.
  3.  You can manually force a sync of a person in Marketo to a lead in Salesforce by using the Sync Person to SFDC flow action and it will sync in real-time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++GOOD LUCK++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Before you close out fill out the survey here with a chance to be considered for a 50% Certification Voucher: https://forms.office.com/r/M0QZUCbAKG

+++++++++++++++STUDY TIPS THAT HELP++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did you know that using flash cards helps with studying on your own?

• Purchase a blank set of index cards
  • On one side write the answer to an Adobe Marketo Engage question like "The activity log is a powerful tool to track every touchpoint or action a member has made since they entered Marketo's database"
  • On the other side write "What is the Activity Log Used For?"
  • Test yourself frequently and shuffle the cards to randomize your solo quiz questions.

cc: @Jon_Chen 

Tamara Johnson
Harsh91
Level 2

Hello @tamarajohnson ,

Please find my answers below as I strike through the wrong answer.

Also apologies if I need to send the answers somewhere else and not here in thread.

Question 1: Select which answers are true

Email programs play well with other programs. You can use an Email Program to do the following:

1. Use an email program to send out a webinar invitation.
  2. Use an email program inside a default program to keep things organized.
  3. Nest an email program inside an engagement program, since they can be used multiple times and run more than once.

Question 2: Select which answers are true

Understanding Head Start Time in an Email Program

1. When you choose a date/time for an Email Program, it determines when the program will begin processing. If you want your emails to launch at the selected time, Head Start gives you that option by processing the program in advance.
  2. With Head Start selected, the program will begin processing approximately 6 hours prior to the scheduled time. Once processing starts, the program is locked.
  3. If you unapprove your email program with less than 12 hours before its scheduled run time, but then change your mind, you’ll need to pick a new date/time that’s at least 12 hours ahead of when you approve it.

Question 3: Select which answers are true

Design Studio Assets

1.   After you’ve selected the replacement image/file in Design Studio with the same name and same file type (ex: .gif, .jpg) the new image/file will be saved but will not be live on all landing pages and emails once uploaded. You will need to manually reset them across all programs and asset types.
  2. In Design Studio,  the Images and Files search only utilizes “begins with” functionality at this time.
  3. The image editor allows you to make quick, light edits to your images in Marketo Engage for Marketo Landing Pages. Email images are locked and are not considered editable.

Question 4: Select which answers are true

SFDC Sync Leads - Salesforce Integration

1.   The lead (person) and contact sync is bidirectional. If you make changes to a record in either Salesforce or Marketo, your updates will be reflected in both systems.
  2.   Marketo will not respect Salesforce validation rules. The sync will fail if the data format is wrong or missing required field information. Marketo will not log the result in the lead's Activity Log if this happens.
  3.  You can manually force a sync of a person in Marketo to a lead in Salesforce by using the Sync Person to SFDC flow action and it will sync in real-time.

Best,
Harsh