🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

jasmin10
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Ryan,

Apologies on the delay,  here are my answers for Week 2

1. Lead/Person, System, Program 

2. True

3. Create the PMCF field, add the token to the snippet, add the snippet to the email 

4. b,c,d

5. a,c,d

Thanks

ryshgs
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thanks for completing the week 2 quiz!

1. Correct

2. Correct

3. Incorrect - There is no way to achieve this "Program Member Custom Fields Tokens cannot be used in: email preheader, Date Tokens in Wait Steps, or Snippets." https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/programs...

4. Incorrect -  Only B and C apply, D is not valid as the email is supposed to be a Marketing email, while D would send the email, we need to be very careful we only mark truly operational emails as Operational.

5. Incorrect - Only A and D apply, C is not easy to maintain as if you ever needed to add a new field to all your forms, or change something to them you would have to do it over and over again, rather than updating in one global form for example.

djhoward
Level 2

Hi Ryan and fellow Marketo Mentees!

Please excuse the delay here as I was having login issues and had to get some permissions updated. 

My name is DJ Howard and I am from the Sunshine State of Florida currently working as the Digital Marketing & Brand Manager for UPS on the Healthcare team. I have used various email automation platforms over the last 10 years, but with over 3 years of Marketo experience, I can confidently say it's one of my favorite platforms. I'm excited to learn and have this community as we all look to get our certifications. 

ryshgs
Level 3

@Shyamanjan @saurabhmce @ujjawalmaneriya @jasmin10 @djhoward  @BhaskarNaik 

We are over halfway there! I hope you are staying on top of the readings and thank you for completing the weekly quizzes. I want everyone who is actively participating to be certified by the end of this month together. 

Here is a link to get 50% off an exam voucher (fill out this form by June 21st, 2024) 

We are now in Week 3 so we will be covering Lead and Data Management, which is 22% of the exam. Please take 2-3 hours to review this week's content, as there is another weekly quiz coming. 

Please use this new link to the study guide as it has been updated. https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/144 

If you have any questions while reviewing the content or on the quiz, please post in the thread and tag me so I can review and respond. 

Let's get certified! 

Ryan 

Tags (1)
ryshgs
Level 3

I am tagging you b/c you missed ether the Week 1, Week 2 or both quizzes, if you would like please response to the quiz below.

@jasmin10

@@BhaskarNai 

@saurabhmce

@Shyamanjan 

Week 1 Quiz

1. A Marketer notices an email was sent with the incorrect subject line; however, they remember they updated the email before it went out to a different subject line. Where would the Marketer go in Marketo to review what happened?
    1. Admin Audit Trail
    2. Asset Audit Trail
    3. User Login History
    4. Used By Tab
  2. A new hire is being onboarded, within this role they are responsible for adding files to the design studio, they will not build the programs or assets in Marketing activities. What role should they be given?
    1. Marketing/Standard User
    2. Web Designer
    3. Analytics
    4. API User
  3. True or False - The activity log on the Person Detail Page contains all activities related to the person and is filterable by Email, Web, Smart Campaigns, Opportunities and more.
    1. True
    2. False
  4. An organization is implementing Marketo and wants to understand if they need Workspaces or Partitions. They operate across the globe in many regions and have a large set of products that they offer, a person can purchase across geographies and products. Is there currently a use case for Workspaces or Partitions?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  5. A marketer wants to ensure that the year in the email footer is always correct. What is the simplest method to ensure that this is correct.
    1. Create a Global Token at the Marketing Activities Folder, and reference it in the Program Templates
    2. Create a local token in each program template and update it
    3. Use some velocity script in the program templates
    4. Reach out to Marketo Support to fix

Week 2 Quiz 

1. A Marketer has been tasked by their legal team to track some data when someone unsubscribes from a Marketo email. The info they need to provide legal for record keeping, is as follows: 

• email address  
  • time and day  
  • reason they unsubscribed (field on the form) 
  • program name  

Which combination of token types should the Marketer use? 

1. Lead/Person, System, Program 
  2. Lead/Person, System, Trigger 
  3. Lead/Person, System, Unsubscribed, Trigger 
  4. Lead/Person, System, Unsubscribed, Program 

2. True or False – You can use Webhooks in Add Choice in a flow step i.e.. If Webhook is Called send x email, if Not Webhook is Called send y email 

3. A Marketer wants to use a Program Member Custom Field {{member.webinar url}}, in a snippet in the registration confirmation email. How would they do this? (select one)

1. Create the PMCF field, add the token to the snippet, add the snippet to the email 
  2. Create the PMCF field, add the token to the snippet, edit the default value, add the snippet to the email 
  3. Reach out to Marketo Support to create a custom Velocity Script 
  4. There is no way to achieve this 

4. What are the ways that someone can bypass the communication limit to send a marketing email? (select all that apply) 

1. There is no way to achieve this 
  2. In Admin -> Communication Limit Settings deselect block marketing emails 
  3. In the smart campaign change the qualification rules to not block non-operational emails 
  4. Mark the Email as Operational 

5. A new Marketo client is trying to determine if their event program should have its own form or use a global form. Select all the benefits of using a local form over a global form. 

1. Can Customize Per the Campaign 
  2. Scalable 
  3. Easy to Manage and Maintain 
  4. Acquisition Program is automatically assigned  

Tags (1)
ryshgs
Level 3

Week 3 Quiz

1. A Marketing Operations manager is setting up a new Martech stack tool which is going to create records and send them to Marketo to be nurtured. The tool is going to send Full Name, Country (abbreviated), Email, and opt in (Boolean) values. Once the record is in the nurture program, if they click the CTA, sales must follow up. SFDC can only accept non abbreviated Country values. What should the Marketing Ops Manager do to ensure leads are correctly assigned to Sales? 

1. Create a smart campaign to trigger off a new record being created from this source and convert the abbreviated Country value to non-abbreviated value 
  2. Create a batch smart campaign to run nightly to convert the abbreviated Country value to non-abbreviated value 
  3. Create a custom sync rule to overwrite existing SFDC logic 
  4. Create a custom visibility rule to convert the Country value  

2. Which of the following practices is essential for maintaining and analyzing data quality in a Marketo instance? 

1. Regularly importing data from multiple external sources without validation. 
  2. Setting up automated Smart Campaigns to identify and correct incomplete or incorrect lead data. 
  3. Deleting all inactive leads every month without review. 
  4. Manually updating each lead record for accuracy. 

3. A Marketer is performing some analysis for an email that deployed last year, they notice the program status for delivers is not aligned with the smart list they created which uses the Email Delivered Filter. 

Program Status of Delivered has 80,000 people 

Smart List for Was Delivered Email has 0 people 

What might be happening here? 

1. Unsure reach out to Marketo Support 
  2. Program Status date is retained for over 25 months, but data for emails delivered is only retained for 90 days 
  3. People were deleted due to inactivity which is causing the variance 
  4. Smart Lists are only refreshed every 12 hours 

4. Which of the following scenarios would be best suited for creating an "Interesting Moment" in Marketo?

1. A lead opens any email from the marketing team.
  2. A lead visits the company’s homepage.
  3. A lead fills out a high-value form, such as a demo request.
  4. A lead’s email address is updated in the database.

5. What are some key factors to consider when defining the lifecycle model in Marketo? 

1. Number of marketing campaigns launched 
  2. Buyer personas and their respective behaviors 
  3. Average response time to leads 
  4. Frequency of email sends 

@Shyamanjan @saurabhmce @ujjawalmaneriya @jasmin10 @djhoward  @BhaskarNaik 

ujjawalmaneriya
Level 2

Hi @ryshgs ,

Thanks for sharing the week3 Questions. I have shared my answer below:

1. Create a smart campaign to trigger off a new record being created from this source and convert the abbreviated Country value to non-abbreviated value 
  2. Setting up automated Smart Campaigns to identify and correct incomplete or incorrect lead data. 
  3. Program Status date is retained for over 25 months, but data for emails delivered is only retained for 90 days 
  4. A lead fills out a high-value form, such as a demo request.
  5. Buyer personas and their respective behaviors 

Thanks

Ujjawal Maneriya

ryshgs
Level 3

Great job 5/5 correct, maybe I made this one too easy 😉

Have you taken the Marketo Exam Readiness questionnaire yet? If not I would recommend you take it and let me know how it goes, if you struggle with one section I can come up with some questions specific to that area to help you prepare more.

Take the online readiness questionnaire

ujjawalmaneriya
Level 2

Hi @ryshgs ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will attend Marketo Exam Readiness questionnaire on this weekend. Please share few questions related to engagement program, Workspace and partition.

Thanks

ryshgs
Level 3

Here are some bonus questions on Nurture. Feel free to do them if you wish, FYI these are not coming from a Marketo Library or anything so they will not be the same or necessarily similar to the exam questions.

What is the best practice for adding new content to an existing nurture program in Marketo?

A. Create a new stream for each piece of new content.

B. Add the new content to the current stream and adjust the cadence as necessary.

C. Replace old content with the new content.

D. Stop the nurture program, add the new content, and then restart it.

What is the recommended method for transitioning someone from one stream to another in a Marketo nurture program?

A. Manually move each lead from one stream to another.

B. Use a Smart Campaign with a "Transition Rule" to automate the process based on specific criteria.

C. Delete the lead from the current stream and re-add them to the new stream.

D. Send an email asking the lead if they want to be moved.

How can you ensure that a lead is not included in more than one nurture program at the same time in Marketo?

A. Use Program Membership rules to automatically remove the lead from other nurture programs.

B. Manually check and update the lead's status across all nurture programs.

C. Use a global Smart Campaign to manage lead membership across all nurture programs.

D. Set up email alerts to notify you if a lead is added to multiple nurture programs.