🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Ryan Laushway (@ryshgswho will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Ryan

RL Headshot.jpg

Senior Consultant @ Slalom | Adobe Certified Master - Adobe Marketo Engage Architect (MCSA) x2 | Adobe Certified Expert-Marketo Engage Business Practitioner (MCE) x3 | Vancouver, Canada | 8+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and optimizing automation strategies. | Experience in Financial Services, Healthcare, Software and Manufacturing Industries

Aspirants mapped to @ryshgs 

1. @Shyamanjan 
  2. @saurabhmce 
  3. Ujjawal Kumar Maneriya
  4. @jasmin10 
  5. DJ Howard
  6. @BhaskarNaik 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Ryabn, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Ryan and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

54 REPLIES 54
jasmin10
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Ryan and fellow aspirants,

I'm Jasmin Saji from Bangalore India currently working with State Street Global Advisors in Campaign Management. With nearly 7 years of experience using Marketo, I've developed a deep appreciation and enthusiasm for its capabilities. I'm excited about the opportunity to connect and learn from our mentor as well as each one of you and also end up clearing the Expert certification.

ujjawalmaneriya
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Ryan,

Hope you are doing Well!!

I am Ujjawal from India. Currently, i am working with RightWave and 4 years of experience in Marketo .

I'm exciting to meet you and learn many thing under your Mentership.

Thanks

ryshgs
Level 3

Welcome all, I am very excited for us to go on this journey together. For this week (Week 1) we will be covering Admin and Maintenance (Module 1) in the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Prep Guide. (login required) 

Reviewing this content should take more than 1-2 hours so please aim to do this before Friday morning, as I will post a quiz Thursday night Pacific time for you all to complete. 

The SFDC Sync link appears to be broken on the page, I believe the correct link is https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/crm-sync/salesforce-sync/under... 

If you have any questions while reviewing the content or on the quiz, please post in the thread and tag me so I can review and respond. 

Let's get certified! 

Ryan 

ryshgs
Level 3

Week 1 Quiz - Reply to this thread with your answers!

1. A Marketer notices an email was sent with the incorrect subject line; however, they remember they updated the email before it went out to a different subject line. Where would the Marketer go in Marketo to review what happened?
    1. Admin Audit Trail
    2. Asset Audit Trail
    3. User Login History
    4. Used By Tab
  2. A new hire is being onboarded, within this role they are responsible for adding files to the design studio, they will not build the programs or assets in Marketing activities. What role should they be given?
    1. Marketing/Standard User
    2. Web Designer
    3. Analytics
    4. API User
  3. True or False - The activity log on the Person Detail Page contains all activities related to the person and is filterable by Email, Web, Smart Campaigns, Opportunities and more.
    1. True
    2. False
  4. An organization is implementing Marketo and wants to understand if they need Workspaces or Partitions. They operate across the globe in many regions and have a large set of products that they offer, a person can purchase across geographies and products. Is there currently a use case for Workspaces or Partitions?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  5. A marketer wants to ensure that the year in the email footer is always correct. What is the simplest method to ensure that this is correct.
    1. Create a Global Token at the Marketing Activities Folder, and reference it in the Program Templates
    2. Create a local token in each program template and update it
    3. Use some velocity script in the program templates
    4. Reach out to Marketo Support to fix

@Shyamanjan @saurabhmce Ujjawal Kumar Maneriya @jasmin10 DJ Howard @BhaskarNaik 

Tags (1)
Shyamanjan
Level 2

1- The answer that's most close to correct is "B" - But I don't think the exact change can been seen on Marketo Audit trail, as it will only show the recent changes made but not the previous subject line, which the marketer is claiming to change from. A scenario may be "what if the email was not approved before sending, as the previous approved version of the email will be sent." 

2-"B"

3 - "True"

4 - "Yes" - I think it's more appropriate to use the Workspace instead of partition, as it includes "Data" which is a defining factor when working on multiple geographies, as different geographies have their own set of data to work on along with GDPR & customer consents. 

5 - "A"

ryshgs
Level 3

1- Correct, check the Asset Audit Trail, and you are right you wont see the old subject line but you will see the new subject line if another user changed it.

2 - Correct, Web Designer will only give them access to Design Studio, as we want to limit their access to other parts of Marketo like Marketing Activities, Database etc...

3 - Correct, true, you can also create custom tabs on the person page as well if you need. 

4 - Incorrect, this is tricky, I didn't say they don't share marketing assets, so workspaces are likely not needed. Workspaces are complex, and a lot of things need to be considered before they are implemented, so unless it says they don't share content, and that the audiences cant overlap, then I'd assume someone wouldn't use them.

5 - Correct, Global Token at Marketing Activities level is easy, fast and scalable method to manage this. Velocity script could also be used, but since we want easy to implement Global token is the way to go.

Well done, the Workspaces question is always tricky, as you often aren't given a tone of info on the customer and use case, but there should be a key piece or info in the question to tell you if you need them, if there isn't then assume you don't.

djhoward
Level 2

1. b. Asset Audit Trail

2. b. Web Designer

3. a. True

4. a. Yes

5. a. Create a Global Token

Catching up on last week's quiz. 

ryshgs
Level 3

1. Correct - Asset Audit Trail 

2.Correct - Web Designer 

3. Correct - True

4. Incorrect - The answer is no they do not need workspaces or partitions, this is tricky. Workspaces are complex, and a lot of things need to be considered before they are implemented, so unless it says 1. they don't share content, or 2. that the audiences can't overlap, then I'd assume someone wouldn't use workspaces or partitions.

5. Correct - Create a Global Token at the Marketing Activities Folder, and reference it in the Program Templates 

Great job, on the quiz, and thanks for joining us 🙂

Ryan

Shyamanjan
Level 2

Heelo Ryan & fellow marketers!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

I am Shyamanjan Bose working with States Street in Marketing Automation team. I am working & learning Marketo since past 6 years on different roles starting with E-mail marketing capabilities & now on a strategic role. It has been a great journey so far taking on various responsibilities & executing them using Marketo. I am looking forward to connecting with all of you, brilliant minds & learn a great deal about the implementation & advanced capabilities of Marketo.   

Regards

Shyam